Renton for Business??

Old Jan 24th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Original Poster

Renton for Business??

Looks like I may be changing careers and if I do take this position I will be doing business with a company in Renton, WA.

I don't think I have ever been to Renton so I know nothing about it except that it is fairly close to the airport.

Is there anything to do in Renton or would I be better off basing at a neighboring town?

I need a decent hotel recommendation and the hotel must have free high speed internet access from the room, a gym and be in a neighborhood that I will feel safe in.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Old Jan 25th, 2006, 09:55 AM
ALF

Renton is a busy place, as it is at the crossroads of several major highways (Interstates 5 and 405, State Highways 167, 169, and 181), and is indeed only a few miles from Seatac Airport. There are several good hotels located along Route 405, that I am sure offer internet access and a gym. The neighborhood will feel quite safe, primarily because there are few residences nearby.

If you are conducting business in Renton each day, you should probably stay there, as the rush-hour traffic can be awful. Unless you are into shopping or movies, Renton does not offer much else. It is not far from Seattle (provided you have a car), so you can go there for activities (again, as long as it isn't during rush hour).

You are also fairly close to Tacoma, and Mt. Rainier is only about an hour away.
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Original Poster

Thanks ALF.

It seems that Tukwila and Kent are very close. I would love to hear some specific recommendations for a business hotel since I will be spending half my time up there.

Thanks!
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 02:32 PM
maw

can't help you from the business standpoint but we've stayed at the Marriott Courtyard Southcenter (Tukwila) and were impressed, and there were obviously many business ppl staying there also.
Check out the Tukwila, Renton and Kent hotel reviews at tripadvisor.com and that may help you quite a bit!
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 04:12 PM

I would recommend staying in Tukwilla. Check out the Homewood Suites and the Embassy Suites. Both are easy access to Renton via I-405. Homewood is a little nicer and in a quieter area than the Embassy, and has a fitness center. Let me know if you need restaurant recs for the area as I live in Renton.