Houston - Staybridge Suites

Apr 6th, 2006, 12:45 AM
Original Poster

Houston - Staybridge Suites

Can anyone possibly tell me anything about the Staybridge Suites in West Houston?
Apr 29th, 2006, 02:44 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Apr 29th, 2006, 06:00 AM
emd

Is this property at the HWY 6 exit on the south side of Hwy I10?
Apr 29th, 2006, 07:12 AM

Staybridge Suites as a property are generally pretty decent for their class. What you need to look at is location - "West Houston" is no way convenient if the places you want to see are in Houston itself (downtown, museum district, etc.)
Apr 29th, 2006, 09:21 AM
emd

I see that this Staybridge Suites is in Eldridge Park, a business park area off of the Eldridge exit of I10. My sister lives right off of that Eldridge exit. I believe that this is a fairly new hotel, and if it is on Eldridge in the business park area, the chances are that is is kept nicely, as that is a nice decent area. My guess from what I know of this area (I watched Eldridge business park develop the last 15 yrs., as my MOther also lived right there) is that better than the other West Houston "suite" hotels (like Candlewood, etc.) that are right on I10. Those ones right on I10 get a lot of overnight traffic off of the Interstate. I've stayed in some of those and they are noisy, worn out, and not so good. The location of this Staybridge is such that it likely gets business people. But I have not been to the hotel. Have you checked www.tripadvisor.com?

You did not ask for advice about location nor did you say that you are in Houston for sighseeing. If you need further info on location, you have been given some by the previous poster, and I assume you realize that this is pretty far west of downtown. I 10 is a nightmare most of the day. But if you have a reason to stay in this area, it isn't bad at all, as it is close to Westheimer and Hwy10 dining and shopping as well as Memorial City shopping, and you can go down Eldridge to Richmond for that scene also. I also like the Omni West Houston on I10 and Eldridge on the other side of I10. That is a very nice hotel.
Apr 30th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Original Poster

That's great thanks.
Yep we are aware of location and West Houston is where we wanted to be - for Memorial City, Katy etc. We will venture downtown once or twice, I expect, but we are not on a tight schedule and can take our time and handle the traffic (famous last words eh?!). Just really needed to know if the hotel was ok. As you mention emd, have previously stayed in one or two rather 'tired' properties before!
Apr 30th, 2006, 09:26 PM

I cannot speak to the location of the Staybridge, sounds like a previous poster was able to comment on that, but our family did stay at one in Chicago a few months ago, and I have to say we were very happy with it. It was very large for the price, esp. the kitchen, and was brand new...I believe this is a new chain owned by holiday inns. Hope this helps.