renting an SUV in Las Vegas through Payless

Old Apr 13th, 2005, 08:28 AM
brooklandsbuttercup

renting an SUV in Las Vegas through Payless

Has anyone had any noteworthy experiences renting an SUV at the LV airport? More specifically, another poster had trouble with Payless through travelocity. In the past I haven't had trouble renting cars this way, but I don't think I've used Payless before. Anyone?

Old Apr 13th, 2005, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have rented 2 SUV's in Vegas over the last couple of years. No real issues, just be clear on what "full" size means. I had one situation where someone tried to convince me that a Rav4 was full size when I got there. I protested and ended up with a Blazer. I do not remember which places I used but they were 2 different ones.
Old Apr 13th, 2005, 10:33 AM
brooklandsbuttercup

Thanks, placeu2. There are 5 of us, so size is an issue, and we do have a "full size" one reserved.

Old Apr 13th, 2005, 10:55 AM

The only issue is if, for some reason, you plan to do a one-way rental and return it to California. Then they need to get you a "California car", conforming to CA emissions requirements, and they had to hunt for one for us, even though we told them ahead of time.
Old Apr 13th, 2005, 11:18 AM

brook

I had a full size one reserved as well. With written confirmation.

It was that the counter guy told me a Rav4 or CRV sized vehicle fit that description. I was there around 11PM and fortunately convinced him. No way we would have made that work with 4 adults and luggage on a week long Utah through GC trip.