Southern Utah to Las Vegas transportation question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2005, 04:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know of a shuttle near Bryce or Zion that goes into Las Vegas?
Trying and trying to book a flight for my husband who has to leave a week early from our vacation.
Will spend one week in Utah with him, then we will head to Pagosa Springs, Colorado, and he will head home. Can't find a rental car co. that will rent in July, one way.
Nearest airport is Las Vegas, so it would be great to get him there without having to take him the three hours myself and then turn around and drive the long drive back East to Pagosa. (I'll have my 3 kids and my elderly parents with me).
The other alternative is for him to fly out of Albuquerque, but it's much more complicated that way, as he would still need a rental car, and an extra day.
Nearest city to where we will be staying in Utah is Cedar City.
Help!
Old Mar 3rd, 2005, 10:53 PM

I don't know about any shuttles, but the Greyhound bus runs from St. George, Utah to Las Vegas.

According to Orbitz.com, Avis is showing a one way car rental from Cedar City to Las Vegas. Hertz and Avis are showing one way from Page, AZ to Las Vegas. You can also rent a car from Hertz, National, Alamo and Avis one way from St. George, Utah to Las Vegas.

There is an airport in Page, AZ. It might be a little more costly than Las
Vegas, but then your DH could travel with you that much farther if that's the direction you will be traveling to Pagosa Springs.

Utahtea
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 04:17 AM
Original Poster

"According to Orbitz.com, Avis is showing a one way car rental from Cedar City to Las Vegas."
I called both Avis and Enterprise, out of the Cedar City airport, and both said they wouldn't guarantee us a reservation. That we would have to call ahead several days in advance.
I'll investigate the rental companies in the other towns you mentioned this afternoon, and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion. I think I would feel just awful having to put him on a Greyhound, while we go driving off for the rest of our vacation. Poor guy.
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 06:33 AM

It's a short trip, comparatively for traveling in the west, from St. George to L.V.- all x-way. I wouldn't mind the bus ride. I would take a good book, people watch, and before I knew it, end of trip. It's all in the mind, I guess.
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 11:09 AM

It's only 2 hours from St. George, Utah to Las Vegas and the first part though the Virgin River Gorge is scenic. I also think the desert drive after that is pretty scenic myself. Good luck on the other rental car locations.

Utahtea
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 11:11 AM

Ooops, maybe I should clairify....the driving time is only 2 hours. I don't know how long the greyhound bus would take.

Utahtea
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the referral to St. George. It's the information I needed to seek a solution. St. George offers a van shuttle to Las Vegas airport, for just $25.00 one way.
www.stgshuttle.com
I looked at Greyhound, and they only had two departure times, whereas, the van has multiple departure times.
I spoke with the resort where we will be staying, and (FYI), they told me this shuttle service was very good.
The car rental companies that are St. George do offer one way rentals, however, the drop-off fee is $100.00 in addition to the rental fee. So, it would have cost us $166.00 for a one hour drive.
Shuttle is much better.
Thank you for your help!
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 12:35 PM

Nice to know about the shuttle. Sounds like your ideal solution!

Utahtea