Search

Renaissance Wailea

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2005, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Renaissance Wailea

Help! Looking to make this a special trip. We just booked 13 nights in Maui for our 25th anniversary at the Renaissance Wailea Beach Resort in the Mokopu Club. Has anyone stayed there recently, how is it? I know that the Renaissance was just recently sold I am a little worried. Should I be? Please anyone with any information please share it with us. Thanks!

Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 05:31 AM

The Renaissance is my favorite Wailea hotel; I was so sorry to hear of the plans to re-vamp it into timeshares.
I haven't been there in a couple of years, but can't imagine it has changed much. It's such a peaceful place, without the glitz of some of its neighbors. And the Club rooms are the best of all...close to the ocean and beach. Happy anniversary! I think you've made a great choice!
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 11:07 AM
bonniebroad

epmcw, I loved the Renaissance Wailea when I spent three vacations there, but I haven't been back for a few years. The latest reviews on Trip Advisor (for Aug. - Nov.) are quite good, so I wouldn't worry about it! Great ambience there, the prettiest gardens in Wailea!

Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 11:29 AM

What, what, what??????????????

Timeshares???

Oh my, how sad am I. We LOVE this hotel, and feel in Wailea it is the best value for the dollar. It has such a old Hawaiian feel to it, such character. My husband and I would sit out on lanai and see the whales while having breakfast.

If this is true, I am sad.

Tiff
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 11:33 AM
bonniebroad

Tiff, I've heard so many rumors about what will happen. First I heard it would be a W Hotel, now timeshares. I wish they'd just re-furbish it, and leave it as the R.W. It 's my all-time favorite hotel, for the money, location, etc. I can't imagine going to Wailea, and staying anywhere else!

Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 11:48 AM

Hi bonniebraod, It is our favorite too, for all the reasons you listed. We LOVE the Mokopu beach rooms. In fact, we were just talking the other night about taking a trip back in Jan. 2007.

It sounds like we have hope... I hang there for a bit.

Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 09:03 PM

Not timeshares, folks. Big, expensive condos, now a St. Regis and due for a couple years tear down and rebuild.
Maybe then you can rent a condo$$$$$$$
Just what Hawaii needs! More $$$$ condos!
When that market crashes, and it will, you will rent condos for less $$$ but that will take a few years!
Old Jan 6th, 2006, 03:02 PM

I'm at the Renaissance Wailea right now. Just got here yesterday. Our party has 3 ocean view rooms in the Makai Wing on the 6th and 7th floors (Mokapu sold out) and the resort still looks great! I really can't see any signs of lack of maintenance, at least not in our rooms or public areas. I was really surprised as I was expecting to see more wear and tear due to some of the tripadvisor reviews and also the fact that the hotel is scheduled to be demolished - anyone know when?

Also walked over to the Marriott which is undergoing renovation. It's very quiet there right now. Hardly anyone by the pools compared to the Ren.

I wouldn't worry about the Ren. When are you going?
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Original Poster

Hi,
Thanks so much for the email, we are going April 17th, planning on staying at the Renaissance for 7 nights then heading to the big Island and staying at Hapuna Beach-Prince hotel. I am hearing all different dates as to when they are demolishing the Renaissance. I am starting to look for a back-up plan. Thanks again for the email and enjoy your trip.
Eileen