Redeye Grill NYC

Jun 30th, 2003, 02:59 PM
Original Poster

Redeye Grill NYC

I'm looking for a fun, interesting restaurant for 4 30 year old females to enjoy a good dinner and a few drinks this summer in NYC after taking in a show. I've looked at the menu for Redeye Grill and am impressed with it. Any comments from anyone that's eaten there or any suggestions for other restaurants. Our price range is up to $30 per dish and we will not be dressed up (but we won't be in jeans or shorts either). We don't want to travel too far from Times Square either. Last year we ate at Asia de Cuba and loved it, but want something different this time.

Thanks.
Jun 30th, 2003, 03:08 PM
GoTravel

I like Redeye Grill. It's on 7th Avenue at 56th I believe. I think it is owned by the same people who have Shelly's on West 57th which is also very good.

Jun 30th, 2003, 03:54 PM

I strongly endorse Redeye Grill. Excellent restaurant.
Jun 30th, 2003, 05:33 PM

It's pretty good, loud and busy. One word of warning: if you're considering a special, be sure to ask the price. MIL ordered the Dover Sole and it turned out to be almost $40 entree! YIKES!
Jun 30th, 2003, 05:34 PM

The Redeye is usually solid with a nice raw bar and an interesting selection of entrees. Get the Dancing Shrimp as an appetizer to share.
Jun 30th, 2003, 06:17 PM

I also enjoyed the Red Eye Grill. It is on the corner of 56th and 7th. I didn't know it was affiliated with Shelly's. I think I enjoyed that restaurant even more. They are both favorites of my [almost 30 yr. old] daughter and her friends who live in the area.
Jul 1st, 2003, 05:37 AM

I love the Redeye Grill and always try to eat there when I'm in New York. The atmosphere is great and fun and very "New York" without being pretentious (be sure to check out the ladies room) and the food is really good, with a good selection. The prices are not too bad for NYC either. You will be fine dressed "smart casual."
Jul 1st, 2003, 05:54 AM

Redeye Grill is good & fun, but you should know it's large & can get very loud; so think twice if you're looking for a nice chat. Another choice (not necessarily quieter one block north is Trattoria Dell'Arte for Italian.

Don't know where in the theater district you'll be but Chez Josephine on 42nd betw 9th-10th is a lot of fun and good French bistro food.
Jul 1st, 2003, 05:57 AM

The secret to sitting in a quieter area of Redeye Grill is to ask for a table in the back!
Jul 1st, 2003, 07:10 AM

Here's another endorsement for Red Eye Grill! I remember we ordered a sushi platter for 4 of us as an appetizer and it was excellent! Great seafood entrees too. I am a huge fan of seafood and I was in heaven. Great, fun atmosphere. I think it'b be great with a group of girls!

Search this Thread