Search

How far in advance must I book tickets for Disney World

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2003, 05:34 PM
bp
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How far in advance must I book tickets for Disney World

I am planning on going to WDW between December 21st, 2003 through January 1st. I do not want to book my park tickets until this September. Will I have any problems waiting until then, or even later for just the Park Hopper tickets?
Thank you,
bp
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 08:16 PM

There's no restriction whatsoever on these tixs that I know of. I think they sell them without limitations, so whenever you are ready, they're available.

Are you planning to stay at a WDW resort? If yes, you can be assured you'll get the passes you want. Disney will make it a package with your room.

Enjoy!
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 01:55 AM
bp
Original Poster

Thank you Dee, Dee, I am planning to stay outside of Disney. Since, it is more economical for five of us to say in a suite. Also, the value and moderate Disney resorts will not let us stay in one room.
Regards,
bp
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 04:58 AM

Unless there is something new, you don't buy Disney tickets for any particular dates. You can buy them months before at a Disney store or AAA, or the day of your visit at the gates. There are no date restrictions, even on Park Hoppers. Use 2 this visit, and 2 a couple years from now!
Have you checked out the Holiday Inn Family Suites? Sleeps five comfortably, and has little microwave, fridge, and coffee maker in room. Plus includes breakfast buffet and bus transportation to parks in price.
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 05:58 AM

I've never heard of booking tickets for the park... No one is ever turned away that I can tell. You can get some passes at a discount ahead of time I beleive.

However, I'd book a room asap, since Christmas at WDW is very popular.
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 07:58 AM

"Popular" is an understatement. Jam packed is more like it!
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 08:06 AM

You might also try looking into the cabins available through the Wilderness Resort at Disney -- my brother stayed in one and said it was very nice. (Disney quality, of course!) Small kitchenette, etc, and then you're really close to the activities!

No problem with the tickets, though. Just make sure to get the passes when you get in the park for the rides that will let you come back at a specific time rather than standing in line! They are free and available on most popular rides, and totally worth doing. You don't spend half your day standing in line!
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 08:07 AM

We went to Disney in May for the first time, and I bought our tickets online (with a slight discount) in January, thinking it would take a while to get them, but I got them in the mail about 2-3 weeks later. It was definitely nice to have them in advance and have one less thing to worry about. We also bought tickets to SeaWorld online and got a special deal for two admissions within a 7-day period. We stayed off-site at the Comfort Inn in Lake Buena Vista in what they called a "family suite" since we had 3 children. It was an incredible deal! Their website is: comfortinnorlando.com. Definitely check it out!