Search

Read reply section

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 05:34 AM
liz

Read reply section

I have a message I posted on 6/17/02. Please explain to me how to get from the blue line to I guess red line to get to our hotel on Michigan ave. I guess we would take it to Grand or somewhere close by. Please let me now.

Thanks, Liz

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 05:37 AM
sluggo

you might get an answer if you re-post your question under a heading that includes the name of the city - e.g., "Need Chicago directions."

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 05:47 AM
Ang

There is a free transfer at the Clark and Lake stop if you are coming in from O'Hare. Both lines will be underground subways at that point and the red line is actually 1 or 2 blocks over at the intersection of State and Lake but the two are connected by an underground pedway. There will be signs and arrows pointing you to the red line or you can ask a CTA booth worker if you get lost. when you get to the red line, you will one to get on the red line going north. It will say toward Howard. I am not sure where on Michigan avenue your hotel is located. Depending on how far north, you will either get off at Grand Avenue or Chicago Avenue (these are cross streets) Watertower Place is up by Chicago Avenue and that I think 600 or 700 north so you can judge byt he address of your hotel. Anyway when you get off the red line, you will still be one block west of Michigan.

I must say unless you are very brave this is kind of a crazy trip if you have luggage or it is rush hour as there will still be a lot of walking involved. You might be better off taking an airport shuttle or cab from airport. If you are trying to do things on a little bit of a budget, I would probably take the blue line into the loop area and get a very short cab ride to the hotel rather than doing the transfer and still walking a little. But if you don't have bags, it isn't rush hour, and you are not into big of a hurry, the directions for transferring I listed above will get you there.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 06:21 AM
Liz

Thanks for your directions from O' Hare.
We will be staying at the 700 block of Michigan Ave. We will only have one carry-on each. We plan to go see the Cubs and that is it. We have walked all over Chicago, from downtown to the north shore and all the way to Division street and past that to go to some comedy club, but anyway I think it will be fairly easy to read the red and blue lines, my husband and I are pretty good with that if not we will just walk down Michigan Ave. I appreciate all your help.

Liz

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 10:18 AM
jen

Liz-- also, go to www.yourcta.com for pretty detailed train/city maps.

Definitely take the train-- I'm unclear on why the previous poster thinks that during rush hour, it would be "crazier" to pay $1.50 on the train than to sit on the expressway in rush hour traffic in a cab... go Cubs!!