Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Has anyone thought about starting their own relocation forum web page?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 04:49 AM
Larry

Has anyone ever noticed the number of postings on this site related to relocation. There is a real interest on the part of Americans to find and eventually move to a place where: the weather is nicer, people are friendlier, economy is better, traffic is lighter, schools are better and a fresh start is possible!

Some people get angry when someone tries to post a question about relocation, but generally there is some good feedback.

I would be interested in developing a web site with a message board strictly related to relocation. People could talk about moving and their impressions of a city or state as a place to live, not as a place to travel to. Do you think this new web site and message board could be successful?

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 05:02 AM
Hank

All the sites brought up by the orginal poster were nice but did not have the excellent and active message board found on Fodors. It is the message board and the instant exchange of ideas that would be of interest to millions of Americans who are planning to relocate.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 03:48 PM
sue

A relocation forum where one can chat back and forth,ask questions of posters,just like this forum would be a perfect,VERY,VERY welcome idea.Moving experiences,likes and dislikes of the mover's new location,hidden treasures found in the new area,taxes,utility prices,school systems,weather,job prospects,economy etc.,etc. could be discussed.Posters always nastily reply to go to a reloacation board,but there are none!!!Sometimes people suggest that area realators be contacted,but they can't give comparisons between locations that they're not familiar with,plus they're not totally inpartial;they want to sell you something.No one knows the inside scoop of an area better than the residents,not some one who has traveled there for a week.ABSOLUTELY it would be successful.A relocation forum is sorely lacking on the entire internet.Go for it!!!

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 03:58 PM
Nancy

I'd love a relocation forum.How could this be started??

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 04:51 PM
Hans

Please! how fast can you get the site up and running!

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 05:46 PM
HEE

This comes under the classification of "He Who" He who comes up with the idea does it. Great idea, let us know when you set it up.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 04:34 AM
Frank

It would take an enterprising person who had some money to get things started. I understand that a message board on an internet site with a high volume of usage can br quite expensive.

Though if you could get advertising maybe it could make money!

Sorry I am broke and can't start this new relocation message board!

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 08:58 AM
Mary

I have set up a EZboard for relocation questions. Tell your friends and neighbors! It is ad free for the moment. The address is

http://pub5.ezboard.com/brelocationcentral

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 10:20 AM
bunchargum

Great idea!