tHe New Forum Layout

Feb 24th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Original Poster

tHe New Forum Layout

Just curious, How many people like this new format or prefer the old one?
The new one looks slick but I thought the old one more functional.
On this new format, I can't get to older posts or find specific people's post.
Maybe someone can give a quick lesson on navigating the new format?
Feb 25th, 2009, 05:56 AM

Please take a look at the Forums Help forum, where you can get answers to your questions. There's an FAQ that will answer most of your questions but you can also post and Katie will help you.

The truth is that the functionality of this new format is significantly better than the old format, but you just need to get used to using it. The search function is greatly improved ... it's even hard to quantify how much better it works (albeit kind of slowly). Please give it a chance.
Feb 25th, 2009, 07:55 AM

Hi eschew--you can certainly send feedback and questions my way. You can either click the feedback form in the top left hand corner or directly email me at [email protected].

You can click on anyone's name to view their topics (including your own). You can also search topic by member name by using our advanced search. At the bottom of the advanced search is a field to search by member name.
Feb 25th, 2009, 02:56 PM

From a fellow Fodorite sufferer

Click on advanced search (small blue letters under the search window on top right), there you can do search by date, forum, name, whatever... - just remember to mark that thing to search inside a post, not only the subject lines.
Feb 26th, 2009, 11:18 AM

I'm a bit confused too, but I think it is because we are accustomed to a different way of doing things. I'll bet that after a bit of time passes and we've done some reading and posting, we'll all adapt. I hope. I plan to settle down on the next rainy day and play with the new design.