Re: Boston In November?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Planning a trip to Boston the 2nd week in November. Wondering if it's unbearably cold?? Hoping it doesn't rain much. Also, is Boston a relatively safe city for single travelers?
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 02:13 PM

I'd say temps could be as low as 40 degrees and as high as 50 degrees or so - weather is so hard to predict, and if it is sunny vs. cloudy, rainy, etc -
I hope it doesn't rain for your trip, but bring a rain jacket always just in case - there is still plenty to do in town even in the rain so dont' let that stop you!

My opinion is Boston is a great and safe city for single travelers - there are better and safer streets and neighborhoods, as in any city, for walking alone in the evening, but in the areas I am guessing you wil be in as a visitor, you should be fine.

As with any city, you keep your wits about you and practice all the usual safety tips when traveling anywhere alone and you will be fine and have a wonderful time.

Whether or not you would feel that November weather is unbearably cold likely depends on you and what you are used to. Many Thanksgivings out here we are lucky enough to only need a jacket, others you need a hat and gloves - but good crisp weather for walking, and most of the sites you will be in and out and when you get cold, sit and enjoy something warm in one of the many cafes and restaurants along the way !
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 02:14 PM

It won't be unbearably cold in November. The unbearable cold seems to kick in around New Year's. It could rain though, one can never predict.

And, yes, Boston is safe for single travelers. As most places are with a little common sense.
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 02:18 PM

Boston has WIND! Prepare for the wind and you will be good.

Old Oct 10th, 2006, 03:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
If you don't like New England weather, blink, and it changes. I left my place early afternoon wearing a t-shirt and jeans. I returned a few hours later and I was so cold on the return.
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 03:40 PM

Well - if you're from Florida you may think anything under 70 is cold.

But - to most people November in Boston is chilly - it doesn;t usually get unbreabaly cold until after Christmas.

But - you do need to be prepared with proper clothing - a midweight jacket (don;t need down coats yet), hat, bloves etc. And it may well rain - there's no guarantee.

And yes - boston tourist areas of boston are perfectly safe as long as you don;t hang around dark alley in the middle of the night.
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 06:16 PM

I was there in November last year. I wore layers and had a raincoat. I brought a wool shawl I could wear as a scarf or over my blazer as a shawl if I got chilly. I di not bring a winter coat and did not feel I needed one. Sweaters and blazers and the shawl. I probably should note I am from Minnesota, so cold is a relative term to me.