quiet place to stay in Savannah?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I realize that Savannah is a city, and that a city has traffic, etc. Still, I'm wondering if there are some good quiet places to stay there. Do not have preference between hotel and inn-- just that the accommodation be as quiet as possible. Thanks for suggestions.
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 12:16 PM

We stayed in the middle of things at a new Holiday Inn Express. It was quiet. There is a Hampton Inn across the street and other lodging options nearby.

HTTY
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 12:56 PM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
Savannah is a small city, more like a big town. In the historic district, the quieter places might be the inns and B&Bs off the main streets - but a lot of those buildings are old (historic) construction that aren't really built to be quiet. By contrast, there are new hotels built right on Bay street in buildings that are meant to look old, but have all the new features you want including soundproofing. Both Hampton Inns, the Holiday Inn Express and the new Staybridge Suites fall in that category. I'm a big fan of the Staybridge Suite and if you ask for a room on the opposite side of the street (overlooks a parking lot) you should be fine.
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look at reviews on Trip Advisor for those properties. (Not sure we'd enjoy having a parking lot for our "view." Plus they can be noisy-- cars starting up early in the morning, late at night, etc.) I wonder which of the suggested lodgings has the better chance of being most quiet? Thanks again.
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 01:58 PM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
The parking lot is not noisy. It is not large and does not hold many cars.
What kind of view are you looking for? The Hyatt and the River Street Inn have views of the river, but River Street foottraffic can be very noisy.

One definite traffic free hotel is the Westin on Hutchinson Island. It's in the middle of the river and you can take water ferries back over to the riverfront and/or drive back over the bridge to Savannah
http://www.westinsavannah.com/