Best family hotel in Savannah

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 10:15 AM
jen

Best family hotel in Savannah

We're looking to stay in the downtown historic district of Savannah, Georgia. Hopefully for less then $200.00 per night. With our 3 children there are 5 of us. Any suggestions?

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 09:27 PM
hillbilly

Although I had read some bad reviews here of the Days Inn in the historic district, I took a chance and booked online 4 nights. For 85 dollars a day, (all taxes special fees etc. included) we got a nice room with a river view,easy access to River Street, City Market, good restaurants, and all the squares. This was for two adults and two children. We even kept our car parked for days at a timeand walked. The room wasn't extra large but we don't spend a lot of time entertaining or watching tv while we vacation. The pool was nice and the employees helpful. I could't complain at all and could have spent a whole lot more money,

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 02:16 AM
Deb

Savannah is beautiful and a wonderful place to visit, but don't be deceived - just like many other Southern cities, Savannah has a serious crime problem. I would therefore opt for pricier accommodations and avoid the Days Inn. You might try the Radisson which is at the other end of Bay Street - still a great location (probably better than DI), but safer. I think there is also a Holiday Inn on Bay Street that used to be the Mulberry Inn. That would be fine too.

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:27 AM
RB

We have stayed at the Days Inn & Suites at 201 West Bay Street - Savannah, GA
[telephone(912) 236-4440] on two separate occasions for bicycle events and have been well pleased with the facility. The rooms are fine, basic accommodations, and offer good value for the money. The attached garage is a plus, as parking in the historic district can be a pain. We did not feel unsafe or at risk any time during our stay. To be sure, any tourist area will have elements of risk, but I don't think it's quite as dire as posted above. If the location of the Days Inn was a factor, then the nearby Hyatt Regency Savannah would fall into the same category, yes? My only advice about the Days Inn location is to avoid its restaurant, as we received poor service during both stays. Hope this is helpful to you.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 03:24 AM
Mike Miller

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Mulberry which is also on Bay St in the historic disctrict. We booked our stay on the internet and the price was $77 for weekdays. This is a beautiful place to stay for a family. They have free coffee in the morning and complimentary afternoon teas with a pianist.