question about Litchfield Beach Resort Hilton Head, SC

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone stayed at the litchfield beach resort lately? it is one of fodors top picks. and the website looks good. would love some input for the Hilton Head area. have family of five with children,planning on travelling in july. thanks!!
Old Jun 17th, 2006, 05:18 PM
GoTravel

It is about three hours north of Hilton Head. It is in Pawleys Island.

Gorgeous place!

Old Jun 18th, 2006, 10:39 AM

MrsDarwin,
I've stayed there in a very nice 2 bedrooom "villa" which was on the ocean side. We loved it, the beach was uncrowded, lazy river pool was awesome, and Pawley's Island is such a great spot. Low-key, great restaurants and close to Myrtle Beach without the honky tonk. We played in the waves all day and my mom taught the kids card games under the cupola.

I really liked it, now don't laugh, plus I really liked the Piggly Wiggly right across the street, it was nice to have a great grocery store close-by to our vacation house, especially with kids!

PS, as GoTravel said, it's NOT in Hilton Head!?!?!?
Old Jun 18th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the response! is the beach front villa worth the extra money, or would a golf side villa be ok you think? if you were to do it again, would you do anything differently? good to know about the piggly wiggly. i had been googling so much last night, did not realize i had said it's in h head! thanks
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 05:12 AM

I guess it depends on how much extra but I do think it's worth it. The golf villas are FAR from the beach, across the main highway in fact...

When are you planning on going? If you can go in late August I'm pretty sure the rates drop substantially.

You might even look into renting some of the condos there that are right on the beach. The important thing to remember is to confirm that you will be able to use the "waterpark" and lazy river, the kids will love it, trust me!

Also, plan on going to Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach one night, it's a great outdoor mall with fun shops, mini-golf, etc for the kids. Make sure you stop at the tourist center and pick up the coupon books, you can find 2 for one mini-golf, etc. Lot's of mini-golf in MB that kids love, just go first thing in the morning for no lines and cooler temps.

The seafood places in Murrell's Inlet are a must-do, you can get your annual fill of fried seafood and the kids will love the ubiquitous hush puppies.
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 05:18 AM

I just checked the site, we stayed in the scenic villas, which weren't on the beach but within walking distance and were fine. The ones you don't want are the Fairway villas, much too far IMO.

Also, I didn't see anything about the waterpark on the website? When we were there last there was the great lazy river and pools, but I received a brochure saying that they were almost finished with a new waterpark. You might want to call and ask about the status of that.
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 04:24 AM
Original Poster

i think i will book a scenic villa at LBR. has anyone been to this resort this summer? thanks nina for your tips. do you know if all of the villas individual time shares or owned by the resort? in other words, are some in better shape than others??
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 05:34 AM
GoTravel

mrsdarwin; each unit is owned individually and are not time share (that I know of, my family has a rental there). Call and ask the reservations department to note on your reservation that you would like one of the higher rated condos.

Old Jun 20th, 2006, 06:00 AM

MrsDarwin,
I think they're individually owned, the unit we got was lovely. It was decorated so beautifully and was in perfect condition. I wish I could remember the number but I can't. Just check out the unit they give you and if it's not to your liking I'm sure you could request to look at a few. Better yet, ask to look at a couple when checking in and then choose your favorite, I'm sure they'll let you, we did this when we stayed at Kingston Plantation with no problem.