Search

Question About Ellen Show (NEW)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 11:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question About Ellen Show (NEW)

Hello everyone,

I was just contacted by someone at the Ellen show to confirm tickets for a date in April. They told me that I was not on standby and that I would be guaranteed two tickets. I asked the woman if I should get there early (a la 6:30 am) since I did not want to be in the rif raff room and she replied "no." She said to get there two hours before the show and that I would be fine. I've read other messages from people on this board and everyone seems to think that it is necessary to get to the studio really early in the morning. Should I get there early or listen to the woman from Ellen? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 03:53 PM

Hi I just found this forum. I have tickets to Ellen in April as well and the girl on the phone told me the same thing. She said we would not have to be there early am and said they had recently changed the way they distribute tickets. The letter I got also said that our seats were guaranteed.

I, like you, am still a bit nervous. My letter says we will tape at 6pm, so I think I will get there in the afternoon as I don't want to waste the entire day!

Hope that we don't get into Riff Raff!

If anyone has been lately, I'd love any advice!
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 04:30 PM

The 6:30 to 7:30am arrivals were for 2pm tapings. They'd give out tickets at 9am and tell you to come back and line up for the show around 12:30. If they're doing 6pm show tapings you definitely don't have to be there at 6:30am! And if your tickets are guaranteed you don't have to worry. The other tickets are first-come first-served and I think they stopped doing that for out-of-towners.
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 06:28 PM

Thanks, joesource, for the info!

Old Mar 20th, 2007, 11:58 PM

how do you get tickets to Ellen?? How fun!!
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 04:27 PM

Traveller16,

You get tickets by going to the show's website.

www.ellen.warnerbros.com

There is a calendar where you can click on the date you wish to attend and then fill out a form. They post dates about 6 weeks in advance, in no particular order, so you have to just keep checking.

If you put "ellen" in the search box on this site, you will see another post that gives greater detail.

Hope this helps!
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 12:44 AM

Thanks, thats a great help!!
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 03:43 AM

Hi. I am also going to a taping in April although I was not as lucky as you. I only have standby tickets. When the woman called me about the tickets I asked her a lot of questions. She said they give out about 150 guaranteed tickets to the show. After that they give out another 150 standby seats. Since the theater doesn't hold 300 people only a limited amount of the 150 standbys get in. Hence the reason people start lining up so early. With guaranteed seats you shouldn't have to worry about getting there any earlier then what is printed on your confirmation letter.

I am a little upset about this whole process. We are flying in from Chicago and are now going to have to waste one whole day of our vacation waiting around for tickets. Even Oprah doesn't make you do that!
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 05:15 AM

Don't whine about it. Just don't go. Save you spot for someone who wants to be there.

BTW, how much are you PAYING for these tix?
Old Mar 31st, 2007, 10:42 AM

cabrack,

Thanks so much for the info!
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 05:09 PM

Has anyone been to the show in April yet and if so, have the rules changed? My tickets are for next week and I was just wondering if I should still go early in the morning or wait until 2 as my letter said. She told me I had 2 guaranteed seats but I will go early in the morning if that is the only way to get in the audience. I definitely do not want riffraff after coming a long way to the show. Thanks.
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 05:13 PM

I've heard from people who have gone since the "rule" change and yes, guaranteed seats now means GUARANTEED seats so no worries! I would get there around 1:30 however because you may have to park 1/2 a mile away. Pay close attention to street signs in the area because they do ticket.
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 03:36 PM

Thankyou.
Old Apr 12th, 2007, 10:30 AM

I just got a call from the Ellen show to confirm my tickets for next week. I asked her about lining up early in the morning and she said be there before 2 and not line up in the morning. She said my tickets were guaranteed and that I would not end up in the riff raff room. If anyone has been in the last couple of weeks, would you please confirm this. The show is taping at 4 on April 18. I will post my experience of the day when I get back. Thanks
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 07:56 PM

I just got back from my trip to LA. We had guaranteed seats to Ellen and did not have to be there early in the morning. I went to the second taping on a Thursday, so had to be there by 4pm for a 6pm taping. We got there at 3:45pm and were seated close to the back (I think our numbers were 103 - 105), but were in the audience and I sat on the aisle. It was a lot of fun! Our show aired today, but most of it was pre-empted because of breaking news about the Virginia Tech tragedy, so will just have to wait for the rerun to see if you could see me on TV.
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 08:17 PM

Hey, just wanted to say that I just watched the rerun of my show (which had been mostly pre-empted) and they showed me about 5 times on TV, so don't be sad if you are seated near the back. If you're on an aisle, you still have a great chance of being on TV. Plus the experience is so fun anyway!

Good luck everyone!
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 08:31 AM

As I said, I am reporting back from the Ellen Show. Our show taped on April 18 at 2 so we arrived at 12 and was seated 3 rows back center. Our show aired the next day and we saw ourselves several times - also was given free $300 Fendi sunglasses and a Jack Ingram cd. It was lots of fun and worth waiting in line.
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 09:49 AM

Oh, so YOU'RE the one we watched dancing!

Glad you had a good time. I bet it was a blast!