Broadway preview tickets

Search

Broadway preview tickets

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2004, 07:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broadway preview tickets

I want to see Frogs while it is in preview. Any hints on successful ticket search? I've tried the regular web sites--theatermania and playbill and they only have the regular show which opens after I leave. I'm thinking it is too risky to wait until I get there in mid July to pick up a ticket.

Vera
Old May 27th, 2004, 11:47 AM

If you're looking for discount tickets, there aren't any available.
Previews begin June 22. For tickets, log on www.telecharge.com or call 212-239-6200.
Old May 27th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Howard. I was afraid there would not be any discount tickets. And I assume you're agreeing that I probably won't get tickets if I wait until I get to New York, so should order them ahead of time?

Vera
Old May 27th, 2004, 03:49 PM

Vera, I would advise getting tickets now, as it is a limited engagement. And the combination of Stephen Sondheim and Nathan Lane does indeed sell tickets. Of course, there's always an outside chance that there will be discounted tickets....but, if it was me, I wouldn't take that chance.
Incidentally, the sightlines in the Vivian Beaumont Theater are excellent. You can see from just about anywhere in the facility.
Old May 28th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Howard. I bit the bullet and spent $90 a ticket (plus fees) for two in the Loge. Not Center, but not the far side, either. Glad to have your reassurance that most seats are good. As I checked tickets, there were fewer and fewer choices, so I blew whatever I'm saving on other frugal choices for the trip!

Vera
Old May 28th, 2004, 11:33 AM

Hi Vera, hope you enjoy "Frogs"! How did you do with your hotel reservations?
Old May 29th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

Ah, you followed THAT hotel saga. Being indecisive, I'm trying out two hotels. Warwick on the weekend and Wellington for four days during the week.

Vera
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 03:02 PM

I went down to the box office at the Vivian Beaumont and bought loge tickets for The Frogs for Sat. nite in late July @ $65 each, row D center center. Is the loge very high up and far back? I hope to be able to see facial expressions.

Also, student discount tickets for "day of" may be available depending on...availability.
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 03:22 PM

without looking at a seating chart, they sound like great seats. 4th row center in the front mezzanine. unless there's something horribly wrong with the theatre or set design, you should do quite well
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 06:13 PM

You'll be able to see fine. As I noted before, there really are no bad seats in the Vivian Beaumont Theater.
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Original Poster

The Vivian Beaumont is a semi-circle, so the numbers of the seats tell you how close to center you are. 300s are the center. 100s and 500s are on the sides. And row D is next to the last row in the loge.
www.telecharge.com has a seating chart that will show you exactly where your tickets are. If they are really "center center" I'm green with envy, since I'm one section to the side of the center in the loge and my seats were $90 each.

Vera
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 04:28 PM

Hey Vera. We shared your concerns about tickets to this show so we also decided to buy them in advance ($90 Loge Row A Centre Right June 30 matinee). I am sure we will both enjoy it. This is our first trip to NYC and we are very much looking forward to it. Have a great trip!!!
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 06:52 AM

What a great message board. It's nice to be in the company of other theatre lovers.

The tickets for the Frogs are Loge Row D in the 300's and were $65 at the box office. I couldn't justify spending $95 apiece for 3 tickets, especially just to sit a few rows forward. I'll probably bring binoculars just to see Nathan Lane up close. However, it appears that the orchestra seats are more like stadium seating which may be worth the extra bucks, as long as someone really tall doesn't block your view.

If I'm able to go directly to the theater rather than on telecharge, etc. I do much better as you can view all the available seats and don't have to pay surcharges. Also, if you bring a discount coupon (mail or online) to most box offices, it will be honored.

I find www.broadwaybox.com to be a useful site. I also get offers by e-mail from theatermania, ny times, playbill. Also, rush tickets (general and student) are great deals. Many theaters have tickets for $20-30 for same day performances. I just saw Assassins for the second time for $26 and we got the tickets in the afternoon for the evening show. I highly recommend it! Sondheim is wonderful.
Old Jun 11th, 2004, 02:11 PM

Playbill.com has discount tickets for The Frogs in preview. Loge 70/50 dollars. Monday, July 5th has good seats if anyone is interested.