Broadway discount tickets

Old Jul 16th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broadway discount tickets

Is there any site where I can see which tickets are offered at discount prices? To be more specific, should I buy Spamalot or wait till I get to NY?
Old Jul 16th, 2007, 04:40 PM

Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Try this site broadwaybox.com .I would buy Spamalot tickets before you get to New York, we were there in April and were unable to get tickets. There weren't any discount tickets available either before we left.

We bought Wicked tickets several months before we arrived in New York and paid full price, as there are very rarely discount tickets for sold out shows.
Old Jul 16th, 2007, 06:35 PM

I would definitely try to get tickets ahead. If not, try this...
You can buy tickets in advance at Ticketmaster or Broadway.com. Your hotel's concierge may be able to help you get tickets at a popular show. You can buy tickets for same-day performances at the Times Square Theatre Center (TKTS) booth at 47th Street & Broadway. The downside is that you have to wait in line, but you will generally save 25-50% off the full ticket price (there is a $3 per ticket service charge). Available shows are posted on marquees outside the ticket booth, and change from day to day, as well as during the day. The TKTS booth only accepts cash. The official TKTS website: http://www.tdf.org/programs/tkts/

Rush and standing room only tickets offer another opportunity to see shows at bargain prices. Rush tickets are normally available either when the box office opens or a few hours before the production starts. Rush tickets are normally about $20-25 each. Sometimes a student ID is required. Many times, box offices will only accept cash as payment for rush and standing room only tickets, so arrive at the box office prepared. Call the box office for the particular show you'd like to see for information. Talkin Broadway also maintains a listing of rush and standing room only performances and guidelines:
http://www.talkinbroadway.com/boards...sh=show&order=

Also, there's a great article on traveling to NYC on a budget at the Destinations page here
www.crshotels.com
Old Jul 16th, 2007, 06:44 PM

Not 100% sure, but I'd think you need to get Spamalot tickets in advance. We went 3 weeks ago and it was a lot of fun!

We had a big group and went to Carmine's for dinner. (It's 1/2 block away from the Spamalot theater.) First time there for us and we enjoyed it. Family-style Italian with huge portions.
Old Jul 16th, 2007, 06:50 PM

At present, Spamalot is selling out, but there have been discount tickets at times. I guess it depends on when you're coming. I normally use playbill.com as my benchmark for which shows are currently offering discounts. I'm on most of the lists, but I haven't seen anything for Spamalot lately, so you might have to pay full price of $111.
Old Jul 17th, 2007, 03:14 AM

There's a discount good for Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday evening performances on Broadwaybox that expires on July 22. http://broadwaybox.com/shows/monty_p...c_tickets.aspx

If the offer is not available for your dates/needs and if you HAVE to see that show, buy in advance at full price. If you're coming in August, you could wait to see whether they'll extend the discount.
Old Jul 17th, 2007, 06:08 AM
Original Poster

Tnks everyone. I think IŽll buy in advance.
Old Jul 17th, 2007, 09:45 AM

Another vote for Broadwaybox.com
I was in NYC 3 weeks ago and, much to my surprise, Spamalot was available at the Half Price Ticket booth on 46th st--at 6:15 p.m. on a Friday night--but I wouldn't count on that!
Old Jul 17th, 2007, 03:15 PM

Simone, I just got an email from BroadwayBox, and there's now a discount on Spamalot until September 4. You can buy your tickets in advance through www.broadwayoffers.com and use the code SPPBX92. I often buy tickets here (you pay the same service charges as Telecharge) and you can usually get e-tickets to save a couple of dollars per ticket.
Old Jul 17th, 2007, 03:37 PM

And I just got an offer from Playbill.com for discounts on certain performances July 21-September 2. Check it out.

Old Jul 18th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Original Poster

IŽll be in NY only in October. I sign in the websites you recommended, so IŽll be able to receive the promotions by mail.
Tnks.
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 08:16 PM

indietraveler2 is here marketing his/her website.

Hey indie, PAY for your ads you bum!