Protest against Ringling Broths circus - Trenton NJ

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ringling abuses its animals and particularly the elephants.

It's performing:

Sun National Bank Center
81 Hamilton Avenue
Trenton, NJ 08609
*At the intersection of S. Broad Street and Hamilton Avenue.

5/19 5:30-7PM
5/20 5:30-7PM
5/21 9:30-10:30AM, 5:30-7PM
5/22 10-11AM, 1-3PM, 5-7PM
5/23 12-1PM, 3-5PM

One of the best ways you can help animals forced to perform in circuses is by circulating the facts about cruelty behind the scenes. Someone did a good deed by sharing the information with all of us, so let's "PAY IT FORWARD"

http://www.ringlingbeatsanimals.com/

Thank you!

SV
Old May 18th, 2010, 08:46 AM

I love Ringling Bro's Circus!! You can buy tickets to the circus online here.

http://www.ringling.com/TourSchedule...gementId=99689
Old May 18th, 2010, 09:29 AM

Thank you, spassvogel for posting this information.
Old May 18th, 2010, 12:03 PM

There are some people who think of animals as inanimate objects rather than living beings. I don't get it - but it's true. You will find it close to impossibe to change their minds.

(Look at those who defend bull "fighting". IMHO it's only "fighting" if the bull has an even chance - but I don't see dead matadors pulled out of the ring every day.)
Old May 31st, 2010, 09:16 AM

Thank you so much for standing up to the circus, Spassvogel!!!!So, iPod Robbie, I think you may have been listening to your iPod WAY too much to something like Hatebreed and are sociopathic, or you have just been living under a rock for the past 20 years. THE CIRCUS IS ABUSIVE AND DANGEROUS! In 2009, PETA recorded Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus employees for many months and in numerous
U.S. states. Eight employees, including the head elephant trainer and the animal superintendent, were videotaped
backstage repeatedly hitting elephants in the head, trunk, ears, and other sensitive body parts with bullhooks and other
cruel training devices just before the animals would enter the arena for performances. (A bullhook is an elephanttraining
tool that resembles a fireplace poker.) A tiger trainer was videotaped beating tigers during dress rehearsals.
Footage from the investigation can be viewed at RinglingBeatsElephants.com.
Former Ringling employees have reported that elephants are routinely abused and violently beaten with bullhooks. In
December 2009, PETA released dozens of photographs taken by a retired Ringling trainer named Sam Haddock. The
photos reveal the violent training methods used on baby elephants at Ringling’s Polk City, Florida, training center. The
photos, which are available at RinglingBeatsAnimals.com, depict baby elephants bound with ropes and wrestled into
physically difficult and uncomfortable positions by several adult men. According to Haddock’s notarized statement, the
elephants scream, cry, and struggle as they are stretched out, slammed to the ground, gouged with bullhooks, and
shocked with electric prods. According to him, these violent training methods are the only way an elephant can be
trained to perform in circuses.
Old Jun 6th, 2010, 02:52 PM

I will never again go to the circus and I do not understand how people can take children after reading this

Melissa