Prime Time Shuttle-Los Angeles

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2003, 09:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone used this company? I'd like to hear any experiences with them, good or bad regarding reliability and timeliness.
Old Jul 24th, 2003, 09:41 AM

I used Prime Time in Feb going from LAX to a Long Beach hotel. My husband also used them from Long Beach Airport to the same hotel. I waited perhaps 5-10 minutes at LAX and since I was the only passenger, they took me directly to my hotel. My husband waited a little longer, I think, but not long enough to complain about.

I'd use them again without hesitation.
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 06:21 AM
Original Poster

Thanks.
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 07:19 AM
pat

Also used Primetime. We went from LAX to San Pedro. There was an agent outside of baggage in a red jacket. He called a shuttle for us and we waited 10 minutes at most. It was very easy.
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 07:57 AM

In my experience, all the shuttle companies going to and from LAX are about the same -- so if your choice is between Prime Time or Super Shuttle, it really doesn't make a difference. Make your choice based on price.

They all occasionally pull sleazy deals like making too many stops or, for example, putting you in a Santa Monica shuttle when you're going to West Hollywood because it's more convenient for them.

With that said, I've never had timeliness problems when being picked up at my house and having to catch a flight.
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 03:46 PM

Absolutley Awful, anything they could mess up they did, from mixing up the reservation, to charging me incorrectly and refusing to payback the difference, to a smelly driver and bad customer service. They have an "F" rating with the BBB. I would strongly advise not to use them
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 04:28 PM

I would also stick with Super Shuttle. Several of the Prime Time Vans I've used have been dirty, driving questionable, and once had to knock on the driver's window to wake him up since he was sleeping in tbe van on my street. I guess I was his first stop in the morning.
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Original Poster

I originally posted this 3 years ago when I was plannig a trip to Los Angeles. I ended up cancelling because my grandmother became gravely ill, but I did make the trip in March of this year.

I used Prime Time from Arcadia to the Burbank airport and would not use them again. The driver was 30 minutes late (5 in the morning on a Sunday) and when I called, the operator said that I was the only ride scheduled, so it wouldn't make any difference. Turns out he had 2 pickups in Pasadena. Also, the van wasn't in the best shape and the driver had BO. I got to the airport in time for my flight, but the combination of the late van, being lied to by the dispatcher, and the rattiness of the van turned me off.