Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Price range of Emeril's NOLA restaurant?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying to decide on a restaurant for a group of 4 ladies meeting for a reunion! I've pulled up the menu online of NOLA; looks good but no prices given. Can someone give me a price range? Really having a hard time narrowing down a restaurant in the French Quarter, as they all look so good!

Another question; my husband used to like Sammy's on Bourbon street--has anyone been there lately?
Old May 11th, 2005, 09:39 AM

i went way back at the end of 2001 so who knows how it's changed since then, but my wife and i had two entrees and an appetizer and it came out to $100 with tip (only waters to drink)--had we not had brennan's for breakfast and acme oyster house for lunch, we may have tried the dessert but we had already gained about 10 pounds earlier in the day...
Old May 11th, 2005, 11:09 AM

I'd budget $8-15 for appetizers/salads and $25-35 for entrees. Emeril also has an extensive (and expensive) wine list. We order cocktails when dining there!

Lunch is cheaper, of course.
Old May 11th, 2005, 12:25 PM

This is no criticism of NOLA, but even you observed that there are so many good places to eat. The price range you were given is about right, but of course it depends on what you order.

For a reunion, you might want to be more interested in a nice ambience that fosters some girl-to-girl banter, and less in the food prices. NOLA has a pretty good atmosphere, with an old-fashioned elevator to the upper floor, and tables that are not extremely close together. If you are looking for a lunch, there are lots of places to choose. You didn't say whether you are meeting for lunch or dinner, but for dinner you have lots of other nice places to consider that are in the same price range as NOLA. I assume you've looked around a bit and have decided that NOLA is a good combination of food and price.

If you want something a little less pricey, not too far away from NOLA is the Old N'Awlins Cookery, more of a down-to-earth restaurant with a more limited menu of classic N.O. dishes. I usually have at least one meal there, normally a lunch, when I am in town.

For upscale, I'd recommend Restaurant August, Bayona, Commander's Palace, and my favorite Broussard's. Good luck.

Old May 11th, 2005, 02:14 PM

Dinner last summer with a tasting (and exceptionally well done selection) menu of four courses was $ $45 or 50 per person, add flights of wine and it was $85 I think. By the glass, wines were about $7. Best dinner I had in NO (and I went to Peristyle, Bayona and Brennan's).

B/
Old May 11th, 2005, 11:27 PM

We liked Roumalade and Acme Oyster House.
Old May 12th, 2005, 07:24 AM

The "Taste of NOLA" is usually $50ish. It's a good deal but portions can be quite small.