Pregnant-where to go?

Search

Pregnant-where to go?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2003, 08:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pregnant-where to go?

I am trying to figure out where my husband and I should go on our "last vacation" before our new arrival. I live on the east coast, and would prefer to stay in the eastern half of the US. I am looking for a relaxing place, preferably a beachfront property that has plenty of restaurants and actviites close by.
Thanks!
Debbie
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 09:08 AM

Cape Cod? It's definitely relaxing, with lots of beaches, restaurants, and activities. You could find a cute little B&B and relax! You may be looking for something warmer, though.
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 09:16 AM

With a built-in heater (the baby), I bet Packfan may prefer a chillier beach than usual. In my last trimester of pregnancy, I never had the problem of being too cold! I remember being comfortable wearing a cotton shirt while on a walk along the western coast of Scotland at 5.5 months. There was considerable wind and humidity, and the temperature was about 48 F. The Cape Cod idea sounds good.
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 09:22 AM

Cape Cod or the Islands (Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket) are excellent choices. Where do you live. At 5 or 6 months pregnant you might not want a long car/plane ride. Amelia Island in North Florida is also nice.
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 09:26 AM

The Cape is one of my favorite places in the world. Having said that, it is very family oriented (but then, I guess most beach spots are), i.e. it would be a great vacation spot AFTER the baby is born! Therefore, I might consider a more adult type place for this particular trip, but if you do decide on the Cape, Chatham is a great area to stay. Have fun!