Search

Cape Cod Hotel and fun

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cape Cod Hotel and fun

Hi,
We have not done much this summer and I am thinking of driving to the Cape for a few days with my 16 year old daughter and a friend of hers.
I have spent much time trying to find out which area of the Cape to go to. We are only a few hours drive from the Cape and we can go during the week. As far as I can tell, there seems to be vacancies at most places.
I was thinking of a "resort" type hotel, where the kids can hang out at a warm beach, maybe jet ski, etc.
But I would like there to be other things to do, also. Close to shops, restaurants, etc. (We can drive to those....)
I suppose that I could bypass the "resort" if there are hotels with many things to do close by.
I seem to be having a hard time figuring the best part of the Cape to go to. I really don't mind being in a touristy area, as I think that may offer more things for the kids to do, but I have no interest in staying on a major route, I would prefer to be near or on the water.
I guess, that ideally, we would play at the ocean all day and then go to shops and restaurants late afternoon and night.
Price is flexible, depending on amenities, location, etc. ($300 +/-).
Any thoughts?
PS: do they allow horseback riding on any Cape beaches?
Old Aug 4th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Original Poster

anyone?????
Old Aug 4th, 2006, 06:25 PM

Perhaps you have received no answer because you ask so many questions that have already been answered time and time again on this board. Perhaps a bit of research and reading previous Cape Cod posts will help you narrow down your questions and your choices.
Old Aug 4th, 2006, 10:04 PM

It sounds like you are looking for a Caribbean-type resort of the Cape with activity amenities. I can not think of anyplace on the Cape that would meet your criteria - it is not really what the Cape is about.

First, there is not a warm beach. Second, many towns have jet ski controlling ordinances. Third, I have been to the Cape many times and never seen a horse on a beach.
Old Aug 5th, 2006, 05:01 AM

Think I'd look in Falmouth for the "resort" type accomadation you seem to be looking for.
Not too many of that ilk on the Cape!
Off season, I have seen horses on a beach in Dennis, but definitely not in=season. Tpp crowded with too many people!
I remember as a child, one of the "crazies" here on the outer cape tearing along the public beach on his horse. We'd shout a warning, and everyone would head into the H2O until he passed by!
Old Aug 5th, 2006, 05:08 AM

hello cpeicott,
Our bayside beach water in Truro has been heavenly warm this week which is quite usual in August and first half of Sept.
Herein lies the dilemma though, pretty much (most) beaches do not allow jetski's in the outer cape areas. We are however, very close to Provincetown which does offer many shops, resturants etc.
As for horseback riding, I have seen horses on the National seashore beaches in the past but I'm not sure who or if it's still offered. Try googling some of these options to see what comes up.
Good luck and enjoy!
Old Aug 5th, 2006, 06:30 AM

We stayed in Wood's hole.Nice secluded place and the ferry to Martha's vineyard.Paul
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 08:54 AM

try the red jacket resorts in south yarmouth. just got back from the Riviera beach had a great time. they have jet sking, parasailing and much more at sister resort next door. VERY expensive though but i think worth it if you have kids.
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 09:21 AM

http://www.redjacketresorts.com/
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 09:29 AM

If you want warm water and lots of activity, then you want the south shore of the Cape, in the South Yarmouth area. I just got back, and the south shore water has been very warm. Along the beach, you will find para sailing, and possibly jet ski rentals. Lots to do in this area. Drive to the Hyannis area for shopping. If you want picturesque sand dunes and lighthouses(and colder water!), head for one of the national seashore beaches like Nauset Light. I think there is horseback riding offered on the cape, just do a Google search. Also - lots of great bicycling trails on the Cape!
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Original Poster

zootsi,
Where did you stay?
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Original Poster

One more thing, which is better, Rivera or Red Jacket?
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 07:46 PM

Our family has been staying at Red Jacket resorts on Cape Cod for the past 20 years.

They currently have at least five resorts here on Cape Cod and when you stay at one place you have access to the amenities of all the others at discount prices. Our current favorite is the Green Harbor Resort.