Pre-Cruise Disney w 3yr old - IM LOST!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've not posted in a while, but I know everyone here is very wise!

We're taking our 3 year old on a disney cruise in March. We would like to spend just 2 nights in orlando before hand - 1) so we know we're not going to "miss the boat" (Coming from NY, who knows what the weather will be.)

Here are my questions:
Would like to do Magic Kingdom on Wednesday. just one day. Worth it? Dont want to see "everything" just the toddler rides, and a parade.

Tuesday after we arrive - want to see the Finding Nemo show at 445. Do I need a park pass to see the show or can we just pay for the show only?

Should I stay on site for such a short trip? Got a great deal for the Wilderness Lodge, but my husband would rather golf at Grand Cypress while child and mommy ride Dumbo.

Any advice is most appreciated!

Thank you
Old Nov 5th, 2010, 06:37 AM

You do have to pay full admission for the parks, not just shows. Finding Nemo plays over in Animal Kingdom, which is a seperate park from Magic Kingdom therefore sperate admissions. Tou can get a lot of great info at www.mousesavers.com or www.disboards.com. Enjoy the cruise!
Old Nov 5th, 2010, 06:42 AM

Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom are both fine for one day. For a first trip I would go to MK before AK. I second disboards.com for great info.
If you stay offsite I would recommend a car as dealing with shuttle schedules drives me crazy. Onsite go with Disney transportation.
Old Nov 5th, 2010, 07:03 AM

MK is definitely worth it.

Just FYI that from mid-March on is spring break season and the parks will be crowded. Disney will open the parks for longer hours to compensate for that, so if you are there during that time frame and stay onsite, consider going to MK as soon as the park opens, then taking a break and going back to your hotel room to avoid the afternoon crowds, then returning in the early evening. Long lines can be hard on a three year old. ;-)

With the pools, and beach, and playground, etc. at Wilderness Lodge, you may just want to relax and enjoy yourselves there.
Old Nov 5th, 2010, 09:17 AM

Disney offers park and cruise packages. You should revisit your cruise booking, as I anticipate you will get best park and hotel rates pairing.