Walt Disney World - tomorrow night . . .

Old Nov 21st, 2005, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walt Disney World - tomorrow night . . .

Last minute trip to Vero, but flying into Orlando. Boyfriend and I thought about staying at/near WDW tomorrow night. Maybe go somewhere in WDW on Wedneday.

Any suggestions for a place to stay in WDW and where to go for a 1-day experience?
Old Nov 21st, 2005, 01:12 PM

You should go to the Walt Disney World park. I would stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Old Nov 21st, 2005, 02:59 PM

It depends what you like. Disney has the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, EPCOT, and MGM studios in Orlando.
The Magic Kingdom is the classic Disney theme park. Lots for kids, and adults with keen imaginations. It has thrill rides, non-thrill rides, shows, and lots of other attractions.
The animal kingdom is new, and can be done in one day, but many find it a dissapointment compared to the other parks.
EPCOT may be a good choice if you enjoy learning about other cultures. It also has a few thrill rides including test track and mission space (beware of nausea that may sneak up on you a few minutes after getting off!).
MGM has lots for adults, especially shows (eg Indiana Jones). Fantasmic (I think it's in the evening) is exceptionally good.
Old Nov 21st, 2005, 03:04 PM

I like Universal's Islands of Adventure much better than any of the WDW parks for adventure rides. There are a couple of themed hotels close to the park with shuttle service. Check out Universal's website for info on individual rides and hotels.
Old Nov 21st, 2005, 05:32 PM

Be aware that the parks are usually jammed this week.
Old Nov 21st, 2005, 07:25 PM
emd

If you decide to avoid the parks and if the ICE exhibit is on at Gaylord Palms, check it out. I think it starts around Thanksgiving an is a lot of fun. I'd probably do that and maybe Disney Marketplace. The parks will be nuts. I have done Christmas and Easter at the Disney parks, but I refuse to do Thankgiving adn totally draw the line in the sand right there. It's the busiest week at those parks.
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 04:47 AM

Because the parks will be so crowded, I would stay one night at one of the Universal on-site hotels -- either Portofino Bay, Hard Rock Hotel or Royal Pacific. By staying on-site at Universal, you get front-of-the-line privileges in the parks. If you love thrill rides, go to Islands of Adventure. Or, choose Universal Studios and ride the Mummy (fantastic), Men-in-Black, Shrek in 4D, etc. Either choice is a good one. You will absolutely LOVE going to the front of the line - it is the best.

Have fun!
Old Dec 10th, 2005, 10:46 AM

what would be the hotel to stay in at magic kingdom
Old Dec 10th, 2005, 12:45 PM

Dear psycho skidz,

For this time of year, I think the Wilderness Lodge is great - very themed for classic Christmas, caroling in the lodge, huge gorgeous fireplace, gingerbread village. Also can recommend the Grand Floridian, very lovely for the season. If you don't stay at either place, it's worth a stop just to see the decorations and enjoy the festivities.
Old Dec 10th, 2005, 02:59 PM

i am leaving christmas day and i am trying to find a good hotel and figer out things this is are frist time going