Reload this Page >

What Disney park & Universal park for my 15yo boy & 13 yo girl

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 07:04 PM
Tonya

We are coming to Florida from July 2-13.
What Disney and Universal for my 15y.o. boy & 13 y.o. girl.Thanks for your help.

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 08:22 PM
xxx

You can see all of it in the time you are in Florida. If you have to leave out a park, leave out the Disney wild animal park. I don't think teenagers would enjoy it as much as the other parks.

You can get different types of Disney Passes that allow you in and out of their parks. If you know someone who works for Disney, has an employee club at work, belongs to a union, has a Magic Kingdom card, etc., you can get a discount on the passes -- they can be purchased in advance .

You may want to get the book entitled "Unofficial Guide to Disney World."

Also, the Belz Outlet Mall may still have a character outlet where you can get all kinds of Disney World products at a great discount.

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 08:45 PM
Vince

I agree with the previous poster - you can see every single theme park at least once. Bad news - the weather will be unbearably hot and humid in July, so you may decide to spend more days in water parks. We were in Orlando in mid-March, and one day we almost left the park (Magic Kingdom) 30 minutes after entering it because of 90 degrees and 90% humidity. We stayed, but did not enjoy ourselves. So make sure you drink a lot of fluid. Speaking of the parks, for your kids' age group I would recommend the Islands of Adventure and Epcot. Also try to splurge for Cirque du Soleil's 'La Nouba' that plays in Downtown Disney ($70/ticket). My 15-year old liked it more than IoA, Epcot, Magic Kingdom and Universal parks combined. She is still bragging about it. Enjoy your trip.

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:28 PM
T

Went to Disney and Universal with three boys ages 14, 13, and 11. Their favorite parks were Animal Kingdom, MGM, and Universal. They did not like Epcot at all.

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:38 PM
tom

i would say you should go to the islands of adventure at universal. as for disneyworld parks, get the pass that allows you to hop between all the parks so you can go early in the morning to the ones that open earlier, and then when places like disneyworld get busy in the afternoon you can head over to one of the other parks where there are fewer people. also, if you have been to disneyland before, you may want to think about giving disneyworld a miss and just go to mgm, epcot, and the animal park instead.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 04:21 AM
Judy

I couldn't peel my tennagers away from IOA particulary, and Universal even after 3 full days! The only Disney park they find fun is MGM because of Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. They would never miss not returning to Disney as long as they could go to IOA. Magic Kingdom was awful for teenagers. Don't waste your time.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 04:55 AM
tom

the island of adventure is much better than what they have here in california, but the actual universal studios part...i would say that the california one is better there.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 05:21 AM
buffy

ioa is great for teenagers. in disney world, mgm is the most fun for teenagers. epcot is beautiful but teenagers find it boring. magic kingdom is mostly geared for young kids. you should still see mk if you've never been before. if you get a park hopper, you can leave a park and hop to another one right away. you'll all have a ball. have fun

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 10:26 AM
Karen

Hi, I took my teenage son to Disney Magic Kingdom and Universal's Island's of Adventure. I truly thought that the IOA was a little more his style, with plenty of thrill rides and eye candy. We did the VIP tour and it was worth every cent.

If you're doing Disney try the Disney Quest (I hope that's the correct name). I think it's a huge arcade like building that has several "virtual" games and stuff like that. Oh yeah, don't forget to get your Magic Card from the Orlando' Visitor's Center. If you go to the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney and present the card your family will receive a free appetizer (and it's big) with your meal.

Have fun.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Gail

I agree with the posters who said Islands of Adventure at Universal. Your sons would probably like the restaurants at City Walk at Universal also. The Hard Rock Cafe would be something teens love. Where are you staying?If you book one night at one of the Universal hotels, you will get two days of express access to all the attractions. Go to www.disboards.com for all the info you could ever want on Disney and Unversal.