Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Poipu-hotel or condo? Suggestions Please....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29th, 2004, 05:01 PM
nadienc

Would like to stay in Poipu on a beachfront property. ANy suggestions on hotels or condos for rent? Need a 2 bedroom rental for two couples.

Old Feb 29th, 2004, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Use google.com and query for "poipu vacation rentals" -- you'll be reading links forever!

My suggestion for condo? Whaler's Cove
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 04:11 AM

Whalers is beautiful (expensive too) Depends how much you want to spend. Sheraton is also a lovely location on a swimmable beach.
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 04:17 AM

We'll be staying at Poipu Kai for 5 nights in October. It's a short walk to Brennecke & Shipwreck Beach. Aston is running a special that gives you the 5th night free. astonresortsandhotel.com I think. The price is between 160-175 per night if I remember. I got a package deal through Hawaii Visitor Center with another 5 nights on Maui. You can look at their website or go to kauai.com.
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 09:01 AM

We stayed in a 2 bedroom at Kiahuna Plantation. Had an oceanview unit and were on a fantastic beach. Booked direct at vrbo.com.
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 09:18 AM

My family and I stayed in a waterfront condo resort unit at Poipu Kapili (www.poipukapili.com). It was a short walk to the Sheraton, and close to Breneke (Spelling?) Beach. It was absolutely perfect for us. We were travelling with three teenagers, and it was great to not be crowded in a hotel room. Our unit was very upscale, big beautiful teak crown moldings, nicely furnished, and even came with a CD player and Hawaiian music we enjoyed as we ate. We saved a little money, too, being able to either eat "in" or dine out. For my family, breakfast "at home" works better, so the kids can stagger their showers. We also had two and a half baths in our unit. I'd definitely recommend it.