Reload this Page >

Pointe Santo, Casa Ybel, or Sundial?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 07:56 AM
Dawn

We are planning a trip to Disney/Sanibel for the end of September (21-28) and would like to have feedback on the above accomodations. There will be 4 adults and 2 small children (4 and 15 mths). From previous posts, Casa Ybel sounds like "THE PLACE TO BE", however we will only be renting for 3 nights and only the one bedroom units are available for that short of a stay. Probably need a 2 bedroom??? Any info (good or bad!) on the above?? THANKS!

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 08:36 AM
ABS

You would definitely need something larger at Casa Ybel with 4 adults. I believe the 2 bedroom units are owned by individuals and can be rented directly from them. Casa Ybel is wonderful (stayed there last summer) but I do read lots of good things about Sundial. I would watch this time of year very carefully - the end of September is prime time for HURRICANES!

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 09:04 AM
OO

We've stayed at Casa Ybel with 4 adults in a one bedroom unit. It was my husband, our upper 20's son and daughter, and me. The bedrooms have two queen sized beds. We had one, our daughter the other. The living room has a hide-a-bed couch, queen sized also, as I recall, where our son slept. It was comfortable for us for a few nights, but your addition of young 'uns, just might undo the formula. You might be able to manage with 2 adults and one child in the bedroom, and 2 adults and the other child in the LR (add crib). The screened porches are large and comfortable enough that all the adults could sit out there in the evening after the children have gone to bed. It's doable if the option of renting two one bedroom units in Casa Ybel isn't viable, and that is really where you want to stay.

Can't comment on the other locations as we've stayed at Casa Ybel both our visits.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 12:22 PM
Kim

Stayed a Casa Ybel in May and loved it. Have a 3 year old who still talks about going back on vacation. I would rent 2 1 bedroom units if I were you. We too checked out Sundial but were very happy we chose Casa Ybel. Casa Ybel was much smaller and a lot less crowded than Sundial. The beach at Casa Ybel was beautiful and the staff was excellent.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 12:44 PM
BB

I can only speak about Pointe Santo and Sundial. Both are nice properties located right on the water. The main difference I noted was that Pointe Santo is much more secluded and/or quiet. Sundial probably has more activities for the kids -- its pool is always full of kids and it even plans special activities for kids during the day. There is also an outside bar by the pool for the adults. The beach, which includes a volleyball net, is usually fairly crowded. Pointe Santo is more reserved, and there didn't seem to be as many children. The pool is nice, but there were no activities for kids (and no bar for the adults!). The beach is very nice and not as crowded as the Sundial's. Note: We always go to Sanibel the week after Christmas, so the Sundial may not be so crowded in September. Have fun.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:17 PM
Jerry

None of the above, there are nicer places on Sanibel. You might try Tortuga Beach club, Managed by Hilton Grand Vacations. All units are 2Br.& very nice. I've owned there for over 15 years & love it. As for hurricanes, the last hurricane to hit the area was Donna in 1962. The weather will still be Warm & you can swim in the Gulf or pool. enjoy

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 06:48 AM
june

Casa Ybel is great. It too is run by Hilton Grand Vacations.