Esperanza- A Must in Cabo San Lucas

Jan 6th, 2003, 07:38 AM
Ellen E

Esperanza- A Must in Cabo San Lucas

We have just returned from Esperanza, a new luxury resort in Cabo San Lucas, operated by the same group as Auberge Du Soliel. I cannot say enough about how wonderful this property is. The service is impeccable, rooms all overlook the ocean with large terraces and every meal was wonderful. The service is professional, warm and not at all overbearing.

Feb 2nd, 2003, 03:51 PM

Dear Ellen

Hi - I would love more feedback from you - I am thinking of going to Esperanza next December - Christmas time - with my family and my sister's family(we have 2 small children 2 and 5) - we would stay at the Residence Club side - did you see the villas on that side at all - also how was the weather while you were there? Any details you can offer will help me decide if it would be good for us - we were thinking of the Bahamas but I was told the weather can be cool there. Thank-you very much!

Feb 3rd, 2003, 10:03 AM

You would need to stay on the residence side, as they do not allow children in the pool on the resort side. There were some kids there when we were there on the residence side. Since the smallest residence is 2 bedrooms, they cater to families. FYI, minimum stay is one week to 10 days during the season. It is a beautiful resort. The weather was in the high 70's. The beach is not great, but the pool is stunning. Service was impeccable. I did not see the residences, but cannot imagine that they are not on the same level as the hotel. I do not know how many young kids are there, or if having alot of children around is important to you. On that side of the resort they have a dedicated restaurant. I did not see kids meals on the menu, although I cant imagine they would not make you what you wanted. The resort is extrodinarily expensive,but I thought worth it.
Feb 5th, 2003, 11:26 AM

Dear Ellen,

Thanks for the info. I have stayed at Las Ventanas before and I loved that! This time I felt I would like to try Esperanza - I felt the villas would be good for my family - I am gald to hear great things about the service - that is very important to me. I would like to know - how was the pool over at the residence side - was it beautiful like the resort's side? How was the Spa? Did you find you had enough to do while you where there? Also did you love your room - was it wonderful? Thank-you very much for all the honest info you offered to me!
Feb 5th, 2003, 06:43 PM

The pool on the residence side is beautiful. It does not hang directly over the the beach(I dont believe so anyway) like the one on the hotel side. It was also an endless pool. There is a really nice bar by the residence club, and a teriffic grill restaurant The rooms are beauitul, on the hotel side, they are all similar in size, price goes up as you get higher. Ours had a large terrace with a love seat and chairs which looked directly out at the ocean. Great beds, good quality linen and bath towels, really terriffic soaps and lotions.

The spa is really great, one of the best I have been to. We had a couple mud treatment, and i had a facial. The gym is well equipped and staffed with an attendant.

In terms of stuff today, this is a really good place to do nothing. I saw some people took out the kayaks that the resort had. My husband played golf twice, and really enjoyed it. If you scuba, unfortunatley December is not the best time to go(too much plankton in the water). But we could whale watch from our room(all the rooms have binoculars. The beach is small, and not soft sand, it is on an inlet so not great beach swimming. I didnt leave the hotel for two days, and did not feel like I missed anything. I was not with my children, which clearly would be a different dynamic. People who we spoke to who were in the residence club were with multiple families, so the kids had others to play with, and they enjoyed themselves.

hope this helps.

Feb 6th, 2003, 07:11 AM

Dear Ellen E,

Thank-you once again for sharing all your information with me - it helped me quite a bit. Sounds like we will have a wonderful time - just relaxing - we switched from Bahamas to Cabo - as I was told we would have a better chance of warmer weather - Thanks again for everything!!!
Warmest Regards,
Dawn D
Jun 16th, 2003, 02:26 PM

We just returned from Cabo and stayed at the Esperanza Resort. It was amazing! The gorgeous suites all had beautiful views of the ocean & the grounds of the resort. The service was outstanding, the suites were decorated in a delightful mexican style. "The Restaurant" at the resort was delicious and we had a table that overlooked the cliffs and the waves crashing against the rocks (with a full moon!)The concierge planned wonderful activities for us, but we also enjoyed the pool's beauty and of course, the spa! I highly recommend the Esperanza Resort to anyone-we can't wait to get back!