Rancho Las Palmas Marriott

Sep 12th, 2002, 11:17 AM
ingrid

Rancho Las Palmas Marriott

Has anybody ever stayed there? How was your experience? Would it be suitable for a family of 4 (kids 11 and 12)?

Sep 12th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Melissa

I've stayed there with my husband and 2 boys, aged 6 and 7. It is a great family resort. Not a hotel at all. The rooms are in detached villas scattered around the property. The pools are the biggest draw, especially the waterslide. Lots of families hanging out together...great pool service too. Also there is a golf course, driving range, putting green and tennis courts. We always get 2 pool view adjoining rooms (make sure they're not in front of the waterslide though, then you get a wall view!) and the kids never want to leave. The spa is fabulous if you want some alone time for yourself (no kids allowed) and across from the resort is a great little area filled with good restaurants -Roy's, P.F. Changs, etc. We drive over here 2-3 times per year from San Diego so let me know if you have any other questions.

Sep 12th, 2002, 12:00 PM
Melissa

I just realized you may think the rooms are small since we get 2. Not the case at all, there are 2 queen beds, as well as a couch with a pullout in the room we get for them and one king with the pullout couch in ours. Both also have a little mini bar area. Pretty good sized too, with a bathroom and a dressing area.

Sep 12th, 2002, 03:43 PM
Emily

We have been there also, last April. We only have a 2 yr old, but they let me hold him on my lap on the waterslide, which was great. The resort was sold out, but we could still find chairs by the pool. The rooms are very big, 2 queens + a couch & desk. I also like the breakfast buffet, made to order omelettes & pancakes, hot off the griddle. Of course all the pastries & fruit, bacon etc. We are going back Nov. 1, I can't wait!

Sep 30th, 2002, 08:34 PM
dm

We just returned from 5 nights in off season. As a Marriott property, the service is terrific but you do have to put up with early morning noise from housekeeping and groundskeepers.

I think the pool is great for smaller children and adults. preteens might get a little bored aside from the waterslide. This is one hotel that has a "kids pool" and a "quiet pool" (close to the lobby) for adults. I don't know about available child care.

This is a great place to hang our and relax, especially if you play golf or tennis. We played a morning round every day at bargain prices. Given that late September temps were far above 100, cheap morning prices were a bargain.

I thought the rooms were spacious, service courteous and prompt; especially in a slow time. I would recommend this place to families with small children. I'm just not sure that pre-teens, or espcially teens, would have enough to do.