Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Point Reyes Seashore Lodge...recent stays or dining there at restaurant next door?

Search

Point Reyes Seashore Lodge...recent stays or dining there at restaurant next door?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have read some negative reviews of this on TripAdvisor.com

Was wondering if anyone who has stayed recently could advise...were they just being overly particular or...?

They only have a Creekside (deluxe) room available on the ground floor. A decent option? General feel of place would be most appreciated...and how much you liked it.
Thanks again!
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 10:19 AM

I've been in a ground floor room there, though I didn't stay the night in it-it was my sister's room. She liked the place, and I thought it was perfectly nice. It was a bit small, which might bother some people, though I've stayed in enough hotels in places like NYC and Paris, where the rooms are tiny, that the size of the room at the lodge wouldn't have bothered me. The lodge itself has nice grounds and common rooms. The nice thing about the location is that you can walk to the hq of Point Reyes, and there are a number of trails you can access from the lodge.
I guess one down side might be that there is no view, as there might be from some of the b and b's in Inverness (though you probably pay a lot more for that). It's also is RIGHT on the highway, and while it's only a two lane highway, it gets a fair amount of traffic from tourists, sunday drivers, etc. I'm not sure if noise is a problem but you might want to make sure your room faces the back of the lodge (as my sister's did).
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so very much!! Was truly helpful.
Old Mar 21st, 2016, 03:37 PM

We almost stayed there recently and reserved a lower level room opening to the garden. When we arrived at our room, the smell of mold was overbearing. Within 2 hours, my finances become very ill due to the mold inhalation. We left after 2 hours and drove 2 hours home. I tried to contact the manager a few times and they refuse to take my call. I am expecting they need a health and safety review as the person at the desk told me it was an ongoing problem and they have had many customer complaints. I would not recommend staying there until they fix their mold problem.
Old Mar 23rd, 2016, 10:57 AM
SAB

Nothing like brining up a 10 year old thread in order to slam a place.
Old Mar 23rd, 2016, 11:08 AM

What's your point, SAB? I'm genuinely curious. Would you have posted the same skeptical remark if the OP had started a new thread?
Old Mar 24th, 2016, 12:31 AM
SAB

My point is that a poster went to a great deal of effort to slam some place i.e. Registered and found a thread about a hotel s/he did not like. Such conduct makes me leary of such reviews and yes I would be skeptical if his/her first post was a bad review. I simply find random spleen venting distasteful. Does that satisfy your curiosity?
Old Mar 24th, 2016, 08:55 AM

It does, thanks. I don't share your skepticism, though. So what if one's first post is a negative review? The next one might be positive, or a question, or whatever.

Also, I object to your phrase "spleen venting". kte1's post has a measured tone.

Yours is a well established attitude here, but not, IMO, always justified by the specific poster.