Reload this Page >

Please share the name of your FAVORITE Cape Cod accommodations

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2002, 06:38 PM
Lisa

I would like to visit Cape Cod this summer and have absolutely no idea where to stay. I have never been to the Cape before so I am completely unfamiliar with the ambience of the different towns. I have done research, but most of the towns I have read about seem very nice. SO, I thought I would choose based on great lodging. I am open to all types of accommodations -resort, inn, B&B, etc. I am also open to all price categories.

Please recommend your absolutely favorite place to stay on the Cape, and mention why you love it so much!

Thanks to all, in advance, for your input. I am sure many people will benefit from your recommendations!

Old May 13th, 2002, 07:44 PM
joesorce

www.chathambarsinn.com

Old May 14th, 2002, 05:12 AM
Susie Q

Brass Key in Provincetown. Great rooms and quiet right in the center of town. Ask for the room with private balcony over looking the pool area.

Old May 14th, 2002, 06:24 AM
Bob

Provincetown is a place my wife and I absolutely LOVED. You can go whale watching, a must!! There are several B&B there, but you better hurry. You can work your way down the cape from there. Be ready to pay dearly for any accommadations around there!!!

Old May 14th, 2002, 10:56 AM
cap

In a rental house in Wellfleet or Eastham. Wellfleet has a beautiful marina, lots of arty shoppes and
bookstores, nice beach walks bay-side.

Residents (in rental houses) get
parking access to the lovely freshwather kettle-ponds and to bay-side beaches.
The ocean side is mostly National Parks, magnificent and huge. Never crowded, even when crowded.

Old May 14th, 2002, 04:41 PM
Lisa

Thanks for these suggestions. I will certainly look into each of them. Please keep more suggestions coming!

Old May 14th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Lisa

Lisa -- another Lisa! My favorite is Captain's House Inn in Chatham. A beautiful B&B, with fabulous service, great food (including goodies left in the kitchen for snacks), separate tables at breakfast, and beautiful rooms -- ours had a fireplace.

Old May 14th, 2002, 04:54 PM
Lisa

Whoops -- forgot to give you the link:

www.captainshouseinn.com

Old May 14th, 2002, 05:12 PM
favorite

Hi Lisa
I like the Bradford Inn in Chatham. Nice (albeit small) pool, easy walk to "downtown," great included breakfast. Rooms vary greatly, though, from old motel style to new inn four-poster fireplace type. I find it charming and cozy.

Old May 14th, 2002, 05:12 PM
Lisa

Thank you Lisa!!!

Old May 14th, 2002, 06:07 PM
eman

I like the Sanpiper Inn in Harwich. Right on Nantucket Sound-Walk out your room onto the beach.
Very relaxing & Harwich is a very lovely town

Old May 14th, 2002, 06:25 PM
nina

Chatham Bars too. It's one of my favorite accomodations anywhere. I just love the shingle style architecture, beautifully decorated rooms, great beach, proximity to Main Street Chatham and fantastic kids programs.

Also I like the Lighthouse Inn in West Dennis. It is very old fashioned, family owned and gets the same repeat business year after year. They do an MAP plan and you get to know all the other guests.

Old May 14th, 2002, 06:38 PM
Gene

Chatham - Chatham Bars Inn - Has it all
Yarmouth - Red Jacket Inn - Great location, ind/out pools, varied rooms
Hyannis - Cape Codder Big wave pool, great for families
Ptown - Sandcastle resort - Kitchenettes, great views all rooms

Old May 15th, 2002, 03:48 PM
Lisa

WOW! Thanks for all of your suggestions. I am going to look into ALL of them. The Chatham Bars Inn certainly seems to be one of the favorites. I can't wait to go to Cape Cod. Although I have been to Massachusettes several times, I have never been to Cape Cod.

Old May 15th, 2002, 05:07 PM

CHATHAM BARS!!!

Old May 17th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Dunes - South Yarmouth

http://www.capecodtravel.com/dunes/

Old May 17th, 2002, 07:27 PM
Lisa

I have looked at the Chatham Bars Inn website. It looks great but I am concerned about the number of children that might be at the resort. The site makes a point of stating that the Inn is family friendly. I will be going with just my husband or with my 2 sons who will be 17 & 19. Does this resort seem right for a romantic getaway or for a family getaway with 2 young adults. If you have any other suggestions, I am open to B&Bs also. Thanks again!

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 05:44 PM
Lisa

ttt please