Search

cape cod b&b

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cape cod b&b

My husband and I are going to the cape 8/10 for 5 nights. Does anyone have any suggestions on some b&b's to stay at?

Thanks!
Old May 4th, 2008, 12:25 PM

That's carnival week in Provincetown, so most B&Bs are booking up fast on the outer cape. Hopefully some of the regulars will give you some ideas for mid an lower cape. Although not a B&B, The Cove in orleans is a nice spot. By the way if you like fanciful parades, that Thursday will be the parade in Provincetown....it's a tad wild but a lot of fun. Come early there will be no parking in left town by 8 AM and you'll have to shuttle bus in.
Old May 4th, 2008, 04:17 PM

The Cape encompasses 15 towns, and many villages. If you give us some indication of where you would like to stay, ie: Upper Cape, nearest the canal, would be the towns of Sandwich, Barnstable,Pocasset; Nantucket sound side, along route 28, the towns of villages of Centerville,Hyannis, Mashpee, Marston Mills. Mid Cape, the towns of Yarmouthport, Brewster,Harwich and Dennis,;Lower Cape, Orleans, Eastham, again Nantucket Sound side, the town of Chatham, and then Outer Cape, Wellfleet, Truro and Provincetown.Each town is quite different, and to get an overview , I'd suggest going to the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce site,or the chambers of the individual towns. Also put Cape Cod in the search function, and you'll find lots of information on the various towns. Then come back!!
Old May 4th, 2008, 05:47 PM

fort hill bed and breakfast just about 15-20 minutes north of chatham. has just 2-3 rooms in the main house and then a seperate cottage house. my husband and i stayed in the cottage house. it was great. it has a small kitchen, big family room and bedroom ( the bedroom is on the 2nd floor, so if stairs are a problem this won't work since the bathroom and shower are on the first floor). they bring you breakfast everymorning and you can eat outside at your own patio table. lovely spot. http://www.forthillbedandbreakfast.com/
Old May 4th, 2008, 06:34 PM

I would like to recommend (Alyces') Dunscroft by the Sea in Harwichport, Cape Cod
Old May 5th, 2008, 08:56 AM

I'll second Fort Hill Bed and Breakfast. We have stayed at a number of other B+B's over the years on the outer Cape but none compare to the location, privacy, space and friendliness that we found at Fort Hill. The cottage has ocean views, gas fireplace and private gardens. It is very private and is decorated with a "Maine Cottage" look. You know, sea-grass rug, painted wainscoating, bluestone floors and country-check sofa and chair. It is the only lodging that is inside the National Seashore, away from the hustle of the main roads, but just a couple of minutes from Orleans and 30 minutes from Provincetown. You can check them out at their web site www.forthillbedandbreakfast.com
Old Jul 1st, 2008, 06:31 AM

Since we are "regulars" at the Fort Hill B+B, we are on their "call-us-if-there-is-a-last-minute-cancellation" list. Got a call last night that 10 nights, July 17-28, have opened up in their spacious Emma suite. This is a rare vacancy in mid-July and thought some Fodorites making last minute vacation plans might like to know! Sadly, our work schedules can't be shifted around so we had to take a Pass on this.