Cape Cod family vacation

Search

Cape Cod family vacation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cape Cod family vacation

Family of 4 with 2 children - 15 and 10 - looking for a suggestion as to where to stay on the Cape. Looking for a rental for a week - preferably close to beach. House or condo (if condo's available - haven't seen anything on my quick "google"). Really know nothing about the area, so any general info appreciated also.
Thanks
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 12:27 PM

My family has been renting cottages in Chatham for years. They always book near Hardings or Ridgevale Beach. Chatham is a lovely town, mid Cape, so convenient to most parts of the Cape, including the National Seashore and Provincetown. There are lots of vacation rental sites online, and most of the real estate agencies handle seasonal rentals. Many of the best rentals are usually booked by this time, but things may be different this year....
Old May 24th, 2009, 09:35 AM

For some "insider tips" check out my site at:
www.cape-cod-insider.com
Old May 26th, 2009, 04:44 AM

I second the recommendation for Chatham. It's a beautiful town with enough to keep you occupied if you get some rain. However, it's usually very expensive for rentals close to the beach. But with this economy maybe you'll get lucky and find something reasonable.
Old May 26th, 2009, 05:52 AM

We rented a house/cottage in Wellfleet and had a great time. You are near both sides of the cape for beaches, and the kettle ponds for lake swimming. With kids, it was a great location-- a more traditional Cape vacation.
Old May 28th, 2009, 05:21 AM

A great rental company is Craigville Realty (508-775-3174) right near where I live. They serve all the homes and rentals right close to the fabulous Craigville Beach (near Hyannis) - it is a great beach for kids because there are public toilets and two beach restaurants right across the street.
I used to use this company to rent my home before I moved in full-time and they were great.
Check out other things to do while you are on the Cape at
www.UndergroundCapeCod.com
Marty