Reload this Page >

Grand Wailea: Ocean view vs.Garden View

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 07:36 AM
Anna

We are planning a trip to the Grand Wailea in February 2003. It appears that the hotel sits back from the ocean- is it worth splurging for an ocean view room? If we did reserve an ocean view room, should we request a certain tower?

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 04:52 PM
jenn

i actually think the garden view rooms are quite lovely...we were on the first floor and our balcony was right over a koi pond. and it wasn't that far to walk down to the beach, honestly. we actually switched to the garden view room from a room that offically had an "ocean view" but it was mostly a few of a hill across the way from the hotel. that's just my 2 cents!

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 05:48 PM
Sheila

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Wailea last June. We stayed in a Deluxe Ocean view room in the Haleakala wing. Although the room was very nice the view from our balcony was obstructed by trees and plants. We could barely see the ocean.

I probably would not pay the extra money to stay in a ocean view room again. I think a better choice would be a garden view in the Wailea wing. That wing has a beautiful view of the chapel.

This is a beautiful hotel. Every morning we were awakened by singing birds in the lobby. Have a wonderful time!