Rooms at the Four Seasons in Maui

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 07:06 AM
Melissa

Rooms at the Four Seasons in Maui

Is there any difference between the ocean-view rooms at this hotel? One is for a prime oceanview room and the other one is just oceanview? I will be going on my honeymoon in a month and would like to know. Also, does anyone have any suggestions about the hotel? Thank you.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 07:10 AM
fodor

Melissa there are literally hundreds of comments about this hotel in the recent archives.
Specifically, your question has been addressed many times.
Type in "four seasons maui" in the search box.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 07:17 AM
mag

We had an ocean view room at the 4 Seasons. It was very nice. The hotel is shaped like a big "U" and we were on the bottom of the U with the ocean in fron of us. However, we were pretty far from the ocean, because of the shape of the hotel. While we loved the view, we didn't spend a whole lot of time during the day in our room. We can't wait to go back to the 4 Seasons, but plan to save the $200 a night and get a mountain view room. Same room, just without the view. Good luck! You'll love the 4 Seasons. It was fabulous!

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 07:45 AM
a

I don't think too many people have responded to this on the board.

Melissa, I have not stayed at the 4S, but have been doing research for my HM too. I believe the OV prime has a more direct view of the ocean. A lot of people complain that the regular OV room isn't quite the ocean view they were expecting.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 09:11 AM
nyc

Melissa:

I stayed at the FS Maui in April and was assigned an Ocean view room. In fact, it was only a partial ocean view room. When I complained, they said that it was an ocean view room. Based upon what others have said:
"deluxe ocean view = ocean view";"ocean view = partial ocean view"; "partial ocean view = hardly any ocean view".

Hope this helps.