Planning trip to Kauai

Search

Planning trip to Kauai

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2003, 06:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Planning trip to Kauai

I am planning a trip to Kauai by myself, to hike, take photos, some watersports and relax. I'd like to find a place to stay for a week that's inexpensive/barebones and any info on hiking there.
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 08:15 AM

Kauai is the most amazing spot on earth! I would recommend something in the northern part of the island. I am planning a trip there later this year and was just checking out the rates on Orbitz, they have a lot of reasonably priced hotels. The best hiking is near the town of Hannalei, Poupoi is a more touristy beach area.
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 03:14 PM
iceeu2

I have found a really neat source called travelaxe.com
They check all of the sources (expedia, etc) for you and then you can go to them to book.
Have you thought about camping?

Old Apr 29th, 2003, 04:01 PM
Kal

I still don't get the thrill of
Kauai?! ;-))

Inexpensive, barebones sounds like some places along the Coco Coast. Kauai Sands, Aston's Islander on the Beach, Plantation Hale, Pono Kai, et al...plus a lot of cheap eats within walking distance.
Maybe even look into the area around the Marriott and Nawilwili Harbor.

And the CocoCoast is pretty much central to the whole island and about 5-10 mins from the airport.

Mucho Mahalos,
Kal
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 05:35 AM

We travel to Kauai every year from PA. I have a lot of personal info recommendations put together in a letter. Email me and I can get this to you.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 11:07 AM

Hi, Rich -

We're from PA and travel to Kauai every year as well. Where do you live and when do you travel to Kauai? Just curious.

Karen
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 12:52 PM

Hike near kee beach, hike the bali hi mountain ridge, the entire hike is 7 miles but you will need to stay over night at the beach at the end of the hike. There is also a huge water fall near by the beach. We only hiked 45 minutes or so and it was great, unreal views of the coast, and water falls along the way.Then when you return walk to the beach and snorkle eat lunch ( you will bring with you -no food sold there ) on a calm bay with lots of fish and turtles in abundance just on the other side of the reef, not to hard to get to. Also hike the baby grand canyon to the sacred pools 2 hr. hard hike, again the views of the canyon are spectacular, and the water falls are great,wade in the pools cool of if hot,and if you have the courage ( i did not ) sit on the rock groin to view the last water fall falling several hundred feet to the canyon floor. Hotel islander is nice at the price about $70-80 a nite. Nice cheep restaurant right next door, really good food, locals go there for the steak and breakfast. go to web site ( sky auction) there are many kauai hotels auctioned off for 3-7 nights, only 2 problems 1- you must bid for a specific date. 2.They usually not allways are only for this month and next month. have fun nick
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 01:22 PM

Karen (klgkauai)
We live in Northeast Pa near Hazleton and we go for 3 weeks every July. Drop me a line at my email if you want to talk