Places to Stay/Eat in Moab Utah

Old Jan 28th, 1998, 04:50 PM
Mike Miller

Places to Stay/Eat in Moab Utah

Please give input on where you stayed and ate in this town. Thanks!

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 10:33 PM
kim

The Best Western Canyonlands Inn on S. Main St is nice. Didn't find a really good place to eat though.

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 05:38 AM
RB

Another vote for the BW Canyonlands- good, clean rooms, nice selection of items on the breakfast buffet, handy location. Our stay at the BW Greenwell down the street was not as satisfactory; older rooms, not as clean, no breakfast buffet. Pasta J's on the corner in front of BW Canyonlands has good pasta dishes- nothing spectacular, but it's fun to sit outside, watch the world go by, and enjoy a glass of wine. Eddie McStiff's on Main St. gives off sort of a 70s earth-mother, hippie vibe, but it has its own decent brew and good sandwiches. The Moab Brewery down the street was nothing special, and it was pricier than McStiff's. We also ate at a family steak house on Main St.- maybe Smitty's? Basic food, lotsa families- OK for general purposes. We did a lot of hiking while in Moab, so we weren't too picky about food- just available, accompanied by cold brew! Hope this is helpful to you.

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:13 AM
Dayle

Hi Mike!

I'm usually camping when I go, but once on a longer trip I stayed at a B&B called the Dreamkeeper Inn. Very nice, big grassy backyard with a pool, hot tub & flower and vegetable garden. Mike & Mary Wilson are the owners & they are lovely people.

I like the Slickrock Cafe on Main Street. As you may have gathered by now, most things in Moab are on Main Street.

Happy trails!

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:27 AM
TerryD

We stayed at Sleep Inn. Room was clean and good-sized, decent continental breakfast and great shower.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 08:04 AM
xxx

To paraphrase someone else on this site: you are in the area for a feast for the eyes and soul, not the stomach!

However, I would definitely recommend Miguels Baja Cuisine - yummy food, great sauces (I think the chef is from Baja but trained in France and Switzerland before opening this place in Moab) and great Margaritas!

Stayed one night at the BW on Main Street (not the one off-Main which looked nicer). It was fine, no great shakes, but clean and reasonable. No breakfast, but that wasn't a problem because we ate at the old Jailhouse - super yummy!! (But only open for breakfast.

Also stayed at Cali Cochitta B&B which I would not recommend. Nice breakfast, but we stayed there two nights and they didn't clean our room - even to tidy the bed! You are supposed to put out a sign on the door if you WANT your room cleaned (rather than DO NOT WANT as is usual) and we weren't told about this on check-in. Other things weren't great either (but were more trivial so not worth going into here...) If they sort out the service, it could be a nice place to stay... but not at the moment.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 08:34 AM
John

Slickrock Cafe is actually pretty decent- not much to choose from in Moab but that was one of the better ones we ate at.

Also stayed at the Sleep Inn- nothing special, but clean, comfortable rooms and a decent breakfast and pool.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 08:43 AM
xxx

We looked at the Slick Rock a couple of times, but weren't inspired - it looked adequate but nothing special. Miguel's was full of locals (and after being disappointed at the Barbecue place, we went back to Miguel's the next night.

The Red Rock Cafe had yummy healthy sandwiches and cakes for lunch, and there is also a really good healthy wrap/juice place right opposite the info center (I can't remember the name of it right now...)

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 10:29 AM
rob

stayed at best inn.....very good for the price ($50).

ate at fat city smoke house- (good food, but small portions and high $$$)

moab diner- great for breakfast; dinner not so good.

isabellas-good take out pizza

some mexican place next to the moab diner-very good.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 06:19 PM
Tricia

Hi Mike,
Just returned from Moab (now my favorite place on earth).
Stayed at the Best Western Canyonlands. It's right on the main drag, convenient to walking to restaurants, shops, etc. We had a king suite which came with a large living room area, dressing area w/sink, separate full bathroom w/another sink. This hotel was clean, staff was courteous, service was excellent and the free breakfast was even good.
We also ate at Fat City and all enjoyed our meal. We ate at Eddie McStiff's ~ my sons had the chicken wings, very skimpy. I had a personal pizza which was very good, and a lime beer. I'm not a beer drinker, but after that hike to Delicate Arch I was ready for one! It didn't matter to us much where we ate, we were there for the eye popping scenery! You'll feel the same way.