Reload this Page >

Moab accomodations--recommendations please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 01:49 PM
rey

We will be in Moab in June. Please advise on a nice place to stay with two children--pretty place,clean rooms, pool, good location, etc.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 03:01 PM
judith

moab is quite small. i stayed at the new microtel with pool. many outfitters to use for rafting down the colorado (such fun), driving the shafer trail, and more. nice casual restaurants, bikers, hikers, 4wd cars, nice tidy town settled by the mormons. i am going back next fall, you can't see everything in canyonlands in one trip.

www.discovermoab!.com hope you enjoy it as much as i did.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Dayle

hi Rey!

I you would like a B&B type stiuation, the Dreamkeeper Inn is very nice. They have 2 rooms in a converted artist's studio w/ TV. The one I stayed in also had a king & trundle day bed.

In the main house, there are 3 large bedrooms w/ private bath & one small bedroom with bath down the hall.

They have a wonderful, big yard with pool & hot tub. Plus a lovely herb & flower garden & huge lawn area with big shade trees.

Also have mountain bike storage avail if needed.

Very lovely hosts, Mike & Mary Wilson. They have a web site.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 05:47 AM
rob

we stayed at the best inn (march 2001). clean; cheap ($50+ per); close to arches /canyonlands; refrig in room; microwaves in the hall; pool/hottub; washer/dryer by the lobby; a good place if you're the type that uses a hotel for the basic sleeping thing. get a room that faces the back....rooms in front face the road.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 06:03 AM
RB

We were well pleased with the Best Western Canyonlands Inn on S. Main St. It is located in the center of town, so there's easy walking to the shops and restaurants (Pasta J's is in front of the property, and is a good place for a nice dinner & glass of wine). Its free continental breakfast is good; the property also features a heated pool and whirlpool. We liked the BW Canyonlands MUCH better than the Best Western Greenwell Inn, which is down the street. It is an older motel, and its cleanliness/amenities don't match those of the BW Canyonlands, IMHO. Hope this is helpful. Moab is a good central location for exploring Arches and Canyonlands NPs. Know you will enjoy it!

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 06:29 AM
irene

There is a great place just outside of Moab called the Sorrel River Ranch Resort. It is located on the bank of the Colorado River and has spectacular mountain views. The rooms are great and are all located in cabins. There is also the option of having a 2 bedroom cabin, over 2 floors. The website is www.sorrelriver.com.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 06:31 PM
crys

I've also stayed at the Dreamkeeper, and highly recommend it.