Reload this Page >

Place D'Armes-Quiet at night?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 06:00 AM
MRich

I've heard a lot of good things about this hotel. I love the location-close to everything in the french quarter. My concern is the potential for noise at night. Is Jackson Square pretty busy at night? If so, would noise be a problem?

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 08:38 AM
J Correa

Our experience in NO was that most of the noise at night was on Bourbon Street. There were quite a few people around Jackson Square at night, but there aren't really any clubs or bars playing loud music right around there, just a few restaurants. We thought Jackson Square was pretty quiet.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 08:54 AM
alex

I stayed there during Mardi Gras several years ago and I do not recall the room being noisy even at that time. The hotel has a great location.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 10:19 AM
Chazz

When I stayed there during the French Quarter Fest, there was no problem with noise. Great courtyards, but some rooms have no windows, although that did not really bother us.

Have fun,

Chazz

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 05:39 PM
Cheryl

The Place D'Armes is nice because it has a great central location on Jackson Square, as you mentioned, and is not noisy at night because it's several blocks away from the Bourbon Street madness. As the other poster mentioned, some rooms don't have windows, so be sure to inquire about this if that is a concern to you.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 05:38 AM
MRich

Thanks for the comments. Sounds like a great place.

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:33 AM
PJ

Just returned from 3 great nights at the Place D'Armes, our first time at this hotel. Our room was one of the 2 rooms directly over the reception area with a balcony overlooking St. Ann Street. No noise at night at all! A few service trucks in the morning but not before 7 or 8 and we were up by then so no problem. You will love this hotel. We will never stay anywhere else on future trips. The staff is wonderful and will do anything to please!

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 11:24 AM
SA

Noise can be a problem on the first floor towards the square. Ask for upstairs or interior.

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 11:32 AM
Ken

I read the reviews on this hotel and wonder if I actually stayed in the same place? We had one of those rooms with no windows. It was musty and poorly furnished and the staff couldn't care less. The hotel was not terrible but I wouldn't pay to stay there again.

Exterior noise was not a problem for us since we had no windows! Hall noise was bad at times.