Search

Pizza in Phoenix

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pizza in Phoenix

I'm going to Phoenix this weekend and remember seeing on tv a great Pizza place that only takes cash and no menu.
Does anyone know the name and/or location?

Thanks
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 12:32 PM

I looked for the answer. Couldn't find it, but I did find this:

Pizzeria Bianco
623 E Adams St,
Downtown; 602/258-8300

Ask any Phoenix foodie to name the best pizza joint in town and the answer will come without hesitation: Pizzeria Bianco, housed in a charming brick building (circa 1927) in Downtown's historic Heritage Square. Chef/owner Chris Bianco, who considers pizza-making both art and science, is fanatical about quality, and it shows. He makes his own mozzarella, buys local produce from organic farmers, and seeks the best sausage (from Schreiner's in Central Phoenix) to top his wood-fired pies. He also tweaks his small but appealing menu frequently, the better to showcase what's fresh and seasonal. For the rare bird who pooh-poohs pizza, there are excellent sandwiches (try the tuna on focaccia with red onion and kalamata olives, drizzled with lemon and olive oil) and elegantly simple salads. Bianco's is always crowded, so get there early or be prepared to wait at his cozy wine bar next door. $; V, MC; no checks; dinner Tues-Sun (closed late Aug-early Sept); beer and wine; reservations recommended.
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 01:01 PM

That's the place! He doesn't do take-out either.
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 01:04 PM

One more thing - his place is well-known for wait times up to 3 hours for a table - and I've never heard that they accept reservations. Make sure you confirm that...
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 01:15 PM

My favorite pizza when I lived in Phoenix years ago was Nellos, a small local chain (Chicago-themed, casual bar/restaurants). I recently had a quick visit back to Phoenix and revisited Nellos and found their pizza is still as good as it was ten years ago. Deep-dish, Chicago-style, excellent!

http://nellospizza.blogeasy.com/
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 02:31 PM

We really enjoyed Patsy Grimaldi's Pizza. It was coal-oven style. It was delicious- we went twice during our stay! There is one in Old TOwn Scottsdale; I know there are other locations but am not sure where!
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 09:27 AM

I think you are crazy to try and go to Pizzeria Bianco. Try this instead. For lunch, go to Pane Bianco, just as good, sandwiches, and still downtown. The wait for a sandwich is about 22 minutes. Then for really good, wood oven pizza, go to Cibo or Grazzie. Cibo is in downtown Phoenix, great little house, good pizza. Grazie is in downtown Scottsdale, great pizza, good wine and the best desert in town (calzone stuffed with Nutella and bananas, baked and then topped with ice cream.) Do not stand in line for Pizzeria Bianco, you will be disappointed!