Reload this Page >

Pittsburg Hotels & Duquesne U.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 10:09 AM
Jim

Message: My kid(a Canadian)is going to Duquesne U. on a sports scholarship starting in mid-August. We're looking for reasonably priced lodging preferably near Duquesne for a 3-4 days in mid-August + for a few weekends during the fall. Anyone know of hotels,etc, that offer good weekday or weekend specials from time to time or, in short, good value.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 10:22 AM
help

the closet hotel in Pittsburgh to DU is a Mariott by the Penquins Arena(Mellon)... or the Ramada downtown a few blocks away..there are soe hotels in Oakland(where Pitt campus is) also,not too far away...downtown is not far from Duquesne campus either..area around DU is not a good a good place late at night to walk around..try pittsburgh.com for Pittsburgh info..what is reasonable to you $$?...

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 10:35 AM
help

I have some ifo that I`ll e-mail you direct if that is okay..I used August 9-12 as an example to ck prices...at some of the hotels for you..if interested I`ll send them to you....let me know....

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 10:39 AM
kam

Try the Westin William Penn. It's an old pretty hotel not too far from Duquesne. It's mostly a business hotel so might have some great weekend rates. I agree about the area around Duquesne as not being walking after dark.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 11:00 AM
Stephanie P.

I'd choose either the Marriott or Westin William Penn as places to stay. The WWP has a very elegant lobby with a bagel shop inside (Brueggers) so that would be convient for breakfast.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 12:28 PM
Ann

Make sure you get detailed directions on how to get there. My sister went to visit, and we drove around for 2 hours--we could see Duquesne, but just couldn't get to it.