PIT -Station Sq Taxi Fare?

Sep 15th, 2004, 05:48 AM
Original Poster

PIT -Station Sq Taxi Fare?

Any idea of taxi fare from Pittsburgh airport to the Sheraton in Station Square. It's been so long since I've been in Pgh, I forget the distance!
Sep 15th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Sep 15th, 2004, 09:52 AM

Jody, I live in Pittsburgh so don't have occasion to take a taxi from the airport into the city. The distance is about 18-20 miles. Here is a link to taxi service with rate info http://www.pghairportshuttle.com/fareinfo_pgh.html . Doesn't the Sheraton Station Square provide a free shuttle? I'm surprised if they don't.
Sep 15th, 2004, 03:09 PM

Jody:

When you get to Pittsburgh International Airport go down to the luggage claim area and get the 28X Airport Flyer (ask information desk if you get lost). It runs up until midnight or 1 a.m. and comes by every 20 or 30 minutes. The fare is $2.25 one way and then when you get to Gateway Center, get off and you'll be right across the street from the Hilton. Usually taxis parked out there and one may be available to take you over the bridge to Station Square. Taxi fare will be expensive, probably $30-35 each way. Not sure if the Sheraton has a shuttle but if not try my option, lot cheaper.

Sep 15th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Original Poster

Stephanie and bjboothman,

Thank you both so much for the info. Though I was born and lived the 1st 25 years of my life in Pgh (shadyside/E.Liberty) and again for about 1 year ( Orr rd, South Hills), 20 years ago, I don't think I've ever taken a taxi to or from the airport!
The sheraton does not have a shuttle. They do contract for a suttle service , the fare is $17.00 one way. It only runs on the hour, and as my plane arrives at 12:10 , if a taxi wasn;t much more I prefered that to waiting around. But I didn't want to spend $80.00 or more on a r/t taxi..that would be more than my plane fare..( got a great deal!).

I think I'll try the 28X service to the Hilton and a taxi across the bridge and take the shuttle back to the airport.

Thiws is just a quicky trip for my DU college reunion...#45!!!!
Sep 15th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Original Poster

I really can spell better than my post implies..I just do ot type well!
Sep 16th, 2004, 10:04 AM

Looked at 28X schedule (I take this everyday) back to my area of suburbia. Unfortunately the last Flyer from the Airport to Pittsburgh is at 12:08 a.m. I thought there was just one more out to Pittsburgh but there isn't that late at night. However, when you go back to the Airport you may want this option. The 28X only makes about 3 stops at a shopping mall before taking you to the Airport.
Sep 17th, 2004, 04:01 PM

Jody - another thought --- MUST you stay at the Sheraton? Isn't there another downtown hotel that has a shuttle? Hope you are not here this weekend, it is flooding like crazy!
Sep 17th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Original Poster

Our reunion is at the Sheraton and I'm thinking of packing a CANOE!

Hope the rain at least stops by tomorrow when I arrive at noon!

Thanks for all the help! Guess I won't get any wonderful pictures of Pgh. in the sun!