Pink Jeep Tours in Sedona

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based on all of the favorable mentions of the Pink Jeep tours in Sedona on this board and TripAdvisor, and specifically the Broken Arrow tour, we are definitely going to take it when we are in Sedona in mid-May. I have the following questions:

1. Would you recommend taking the Broken Arrow tour only ($75 per person, 2 hours) or the combination tour with a part of the Scenic Rim tour ($105 per person, 3 hours)? The combination seems to get mixed reviews on TripAdvisor. We will have a car to take our own drives, but it won't have 4 wheel drive.

2. Sunrise is 6:25 AM and Sunset is 8:25 PM. The first Broken Arrow tour is 7 AM and the last is 5 PM. The first combo tour is 7 AM and the last is 4 PM. Which time would you recommend taking?

3. There are some Pink Jeep discounts on visitsedona.com for January. Are they likely to have discounts for May also, or do you think I should just go ahead and reserve it now?

Thanks very much!

Len
Old Jan 30th, 2010, 02:23 PM

1. We last took the Combination Tour in early May of last year. In hindsight we said we would have stayed with just the Broken Arrow tour. The Scenic Rim tour was O.K. but we enjoyed the Broken Arrow tour more.

2. Since I'm a morning person, I'd always pick morning. Take a light windbreaker or long sleeved sweatshirt because it got windy on one stop on Broken Arrow and can be cool.

3. Are a AAA member? They always give a discount to AAA members too. We actually reserved our trip the day before because they fill up quick. So if you have no question that you are going, I'd reserve for that reason - not necessarily the discount issue.
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 08:50 AM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I was there 3 years ago and hiked the Broken Arrow trail. Pink Jeep maintains a "road" that more or less parallels the hike. It's a very scenic hike.

Several time I saw pink jeeps and it was funny to see them terrorize the customers who thought they would go over cliffs.

Why not spend a few hours and hike it.
Old Feb 6th, 2010, 02:36 PM

How long is the Broken Arrow Trail? How strenuous and rigorous is the hike? Are there restrooms or something along the way if it is a long hike?

We too are considering the Broken Arrow Pink Jeep tour in late September.
Old Feb 6th, 2010, 04:06 PM
nlg

We took the Pink Jeep Broken Arrown tour and thought it was great. I think two hours is long enough-there are no bathroom breaks. We went in January and went about 9 or 10 am-it was a little cool at first, but they have blankets in the jeeps. The jeep tour was the highlight of our trip to Sedona.
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 05:16 AM

There are no restrooms en route.

They do stop once to get out of the jeeps at the end (furthest from start). I think it's called Chicken Point.
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 07:35 AM

We are hikers but we enjoyed the Pink Jeep Tours. One year we did the Scenic and the next year we did Broken Arrow. We preferred the Broken Arrow, not for the semi-crazy jeeping (it's not that wild) but for the location. You can reserve the ride the day before, not so far ahead, unless you are adamant about the time of your ride.
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 07:53 AM

I have anxiety issues.. do you think the Broken Arrow tour would be ok in light of that? I can not ride roller coasters.
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 10:05 AM

robbiegirl,

Broken Arrow hike is one of the scenic hikes in the area. It's not difficult at all and if I remember correctly you see Bell Rock off in the distance near the end.

Why not do the hike.