Pink Jeep Tour, favorite?

Jul 5th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

Pink Jeep Tour, favorite?

I'm off to Sedona in 2 weeks and still can't decide which Pink Jeep tour to book. I see all the remarks for the Broken Arrow tour but feel that may be too much for me what with compressed neck discs and once-broken tail bone! What would be your second favorite tour and why? Don't want it to be boring! TIA

Ancient Ruins?
Diamondback Gulch?
Scenic Rim?
Coyote Canyons?
Jul 5th, 2010, 03:03 PM

I just returned from Arizona last week and took the combinded Scenic Rim and Broken Arrow tour. Out of the two, I enjoyed the Broken Arrow tour more but it is bumpy. The Scenic Rim wasn't exactly a smooth ride, there are some fast turns and you don't get out of the jeep but it's not as "wild" as the Broken Arrow.
Jul 5th, 2010, 03:43 PM

I'll just second what sassy27 said. We took the 2 seperate tours and likes Broken Arrow best. All of the jeep tours are going to be bumpy. On Broken Arrow, the driver allowed people to "opt out" of the wildest part by letting them stand at the top of the hill while he gave us the thrill-ride section down the hill and back. We have always booked our tours when we are there in Sedona, not in advance, so you could easily chat with the reservationists about your concerns beforehand.
Jul 5th, 2010, 03:48 PM

I don't know how old you are or what your physical condition is. But maybe you should consider the Broken Arrow hike.

I was in sedona three years ago and did a lot of easy hiking over three days.

Broken Arrow was one of my favorites. The Pink Jeep maintains a roadway parallel to the hiking trail. I was passed by several Pink Jeeps during my hike and it was fun to watch them being terrorized by the driver. They appeared to be having a lot of fun.

I obviously did more walking but less bumping.

It's very scenic either way.
Jul 5th, 2010, 05:15 PM

I love Broken Arrow but we chose Scenic Rim when my sister was wearing a foot cast. She was worried about bracing over the BA bumps. I'd do Scenic Rim given your back history.
Jul 6th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Original Poster

Has anyone done the Ancient Ruins tour?? My friend is interested in seeing the Indian ruins and I thought this might be a good option.

Thank you all for your informative input!
Aug 12th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Original Poster

Just to let you all know (thanks for your help and hints!), we took the Broken Arrow tour. I sat in the front seat as suggested and it was just perfect... at no time did it feel too bumpy and I didn't get jostled around a lot. If you love all the bumps, sit in the very back! I'd do it again in a heartbeat... SO much fun and the scenery is just amazing! We did the last tour of the day - 6 to 8pm so got to see the sun setting too.