Phoenix for 2 days

Dec 22nd, 2007, 07:22 PM
Original Poster

Phoenix for 2 days

I need help planning a trip with my husband with 2 days in Phoenix. We are staying at the Phoenician and want to know what is essential to do, with only 2 days to do it. Never been there at all. If we hike, whats the best one?
Dec 23rd, 2007, 05:24 AM

If you want a vigorous hike, then Camelback Mountain or Piestewa (Squaw) Peak are good choices.

If you just want to walk, then walking the neighborhoods around the Phoenician are good. You might want to walk include Arizona Falls (on the canal) at 56th & Indian School Rd

I you want to walk in the desert, then the Phx Mountain Preserve offer many opportunities. My first choice would be from Dreamy Draw Park. several trails - i would hike to the east.

http://phoenix.gov/PARKS/hikemain.html for details on many trails
Dec 23rd, 2007, 06:36 AM

We loved the Phoenician. Hope you do too. Not exactly an answer to your question, but are you planning to spend any time at the Phoenician?

We rented a cabana by the pool and enjoyed all day food and beverage service from the cabana boy (included in the price of the cabana).

We also went to the spa and I took a relaxing meditation class (my first) which was fun.

Dec 23rd, 2007, 07:16 AM

We are staying right down the road at the Royal Palms. LOVE IT here. We leave to go home tomorrow. We spent our first day on the property, just relaxing and de stressing and having spa treatments.

We walked about 3 miles yesterday morning around the neighborhood, nice. Stretches of Camelback road don't have sidewalks, so be aware.

We had one of our best meals ever at T. Cook's last night. It is here at Royal Palms. Make a reservation.

What kind of activities do you like? Hiking? Museums? Art Galleries? Also, when are you planning to be in PHX? The time of year makes a BIG difference.

Deb

Dec 23rd, 2007, 08:54 AM
TahitiTams

I love the Phoenician..
You don't have all that much time but a hike to Camelback is challenging.
Maybe drive up north to Cave Creek..about 30+ minutes and you can really get a sense of what AZ is all about..so gorgeous!
We hung out by the pool and had drinks and swam and enjoyed the sun.
Food is very good at the resort and like Debi said who is staying at the lovely Royal Palms that T.Cooks is fab!

Dec 24th, 2007, 11:22 AM

I wouldn't recommend walking any stretch of Camelback Road - way to busy. But the streets just off it are generally quiet, residential streets that are good for walking.
Dec 24th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the responses. We are planning to spend some time in the phonecian itself and use the facilities there like the SPA, (we are coming from way up north where its really cold!)
I would love to do one hike..more moderate style i guess you can say...The desert hike sounds nice....not to tough?

Is there anything that is a MUST to do in the area once we are there..? .again, we've never been anywhere in AZ before.
Thanks!
Dec 24th, 2007, 06:24 PM

What time of year are you coming? Your post didn't say.
Dec 25th, 2007, 05:40 AM

A visit to the Heard Museum (Indian art) or Taliesen West (Frank Lloyd Wright studio) are two of the unique places to visit in the Phoenix area. If you like Wright, there is one of his houses within walking distance of the Phoenician.