Hiking / Yoga getaway - help?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 09:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DH and I are planning a short trip and would like to combine both yoga and hiking. Sedona comes to mind but I can't find much about yoga in any of the resorts.

The ideal vacation would have outdoor yoga in the morning, a hike later in the day, and a nice relaxing dinner. Don't care much about nightlife after dinner. Does anyone know where (or if) we can find this? This is a rare trip away from our 2 year old so we want to fully relax and enjoy!
Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 10:04 AM

This recommendation covers off on the yoga and hiking bit. Where it might lack is the dinner part.

Try Red Mountain Spa in Utah. I went there about 4 years back. The spa is wonderful there and there are yoga classes throughout the day and lots of options for hiking (sponsored or not).

The only drawback for me was that the dining was too healthy. My perfect spa/hiking vacation would be to combine good food as well. Don't get me wrong the food was good but it was healthy food. Big difference to me at least.

Hope this helps.

http://www.redmountainspa.com/index.html
Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 10:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Jodee... I agree with you, I would prefer more mainstream food as well. Plus DH needs to enjoy it as well. I guess I am leaning more towards a resort in a hiking area, where I can easily access yoga.

Any other suggestions? Is anyone from Sedona and can suggest yoga in town that may be near a resort?
Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 11:12 AM
TheWeasel

When, and how many days? The weather could be a factor - depending on the season, you could either run into heat or thunderstorms in the afternoon, so you may have to hike in the morning and do yoga in the afternoon.

Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 11:48 AM
Original Poster

Open to suggestions as far as timing. I would prefer winter, Jan - Feb timeframe, but only b/c that's as soon as we can go. If we have to wait until March or April, we can do that as well. Was thinking 3 nights, 4 at the most.

What does anyone think about the Scottsdale resorts - Westin Kierland, Four Seasons Scottsdale, etc?
Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 12:01 PM

If it's just the two of you, L'Auberge de Sedona is fabulous and so romantic. As for yoga, 7 Centers Yoga Arts in West Sedona (www.7centers.com).

Sedona is just wonderful...if time permits, don't miss Jerome (Hotel Jerome has fabulous restaurant for dinner or have a sunset cocktail at The Haunted Hamburger), a Pink Jeep tour and the Chapel of the Holy Cross.

Hope that is helpful!