Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Phoenix Airport Hotels: Know a good one?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 01:44 PM
gab

I will have to spend one night and possibly two at a hotel near the Phoenix airport. Anyone know a decent one?

I'm getting in very late and just need a clean place to sleep before driving to Sedona the next morning. I may have to spend the night there again before my outbound flight a few days later. So it will really be just a place to sleep, not somewhere I'm spending any real time.

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 03:59 PM
Marge

I haven't stayed in any, but strongly recommend staying at a hotel on University St (it's either st or ave). I know there is a Fairfield Inn and Comfort inn. The actual airport is not in a great part of town, but 5 min away is University St which ASU is on and much nicer. I think both of these or any other hotel on this st would be good and close to I-10 so you can get where your going in the morning or they offer airport shuttle

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 09:32 AM
gab

Does anyone else concur with this? I'll be at the hotel for such a short time and then hightailing it out of there. Our plane gets in at midnight and we'll be leaving for Sedona the next morning.

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 03:28 PM
Linda

Concure with Marge. The airport really isn't in a great area of town. University is better, and not that far away from the airport. At late at night it should only take you a 15 minutes, maybe less, to get to any hotel in that area.

Old Jul 26th, 2003, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone stayed at the Wellesley Phoenix Airport lately on Oak Street?