Park City Utah in October

Old Apr 21st, 2009, 03:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Park City Utah in October

husband and I will have 2 days in Park City in October, would like recommendations on best places to stay near main street or nearby national/state park for $150 or less and best things to do in 2 days. Thanks much
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 08:14 AM

1frederick1,

Do you want a hotel or condo? By state park do you mean the Jordandelle Resevoir?

start here: www.parkcityinfo.com

Definitely put the Utah Olympic Park on your list for a 2 day visit. Go Saturday to see the Flying Aces aerialist show. Call in advance for info.
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 06:29 PM
Original Poster

thanks, Dale. Probably a hotel, as I'm not much of a cook and it is just the two of us, but we are flexible. We'd just like to visit some outdoor areas for easy hiking/walks in the mountains, by rivers, etc.,
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 05:18 PM

Well, if you want a high end "condo hotel", try the Hotel Park City, right on the golf course in town, or the Marriott Mountainside at the base of Park City Mtn Resort. You could also try the Marriott Summit Watch on Main Street. All a great locations and very nice.

Other hotels in town are not nearly as nice, but will be much less in summer - The Yarrow for one. I hate the place, I used to work there!

Also, if you are intersted in staying up on a mountain, consider Stein Erickson's Lodge, in upper Deer Valley. Summer rates are cheap compared to winter the lodge is superb in every way, 5 diamonds.

There are so many condos, you could get one for the price of a hotel.

There is great hiking on all the Park City mountains, mountain biking too. You might want to drive 30 minutes east to the Uinta mountains and hike there. High altitude, lots of lakes and wildflowers. Gorgeous, where the Provo River starts.

Do make sure to visit the Utah Olympic Park. It's a real treat.

Have fun!
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 09:22 PM

I would go as early as possible in october, the fall colors are gorgeous. A drive through Guardsman's pass to Midway and heber involves some rough windy roads but glorious views and foliage at the top.

Ffor dining, I recommend Wahso on Main street and the Snake Creek grill in Heber city.
Old May 5th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Original Poster

Dayle and ncounty, thanks for the advice. I'll make notes of all the suggestions.