Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Park City hotel suggestions for tomorrow night!

Sep 23rd, 2008, 04:29 PM
jin
Original Poster

Hi, please can someone suggest a hotel in Park City for the night?

We got so many names from our concierge here in Salt Lake City and it would be so wonderful if one of you Utah experts (Dayle?!) could chime in with a suggestion for somewhere reasonable and nice - under $200.

I looked at parkcitytrips.com (through Chamber of Commerce) but would love a personal recommendation.

Thanks so much!!
Sep 23rd, 2008, 04:48 PM

Hi jin,

Well if it's only for one night, I don't know if it matters that much. It's low season and you should be able to get a nice room.

I would not recommend The Peaks (former Raddison), the Hampton Inn, or the Holiday Inn. Nothing special. The Yarrow used to be a dump (I worked there!), but I believe they have refurbished all their room in the last couple years.

Try the Washington School Inn, very nice B&B, and see what they have.

There are tons of condos available at this time of year and you could get a bargain.

Go to www.parkcityinfo.com for some lodging links.

Today was gorgeous! The leaves are turning.
Sep 23rd, 2008, 08:19 PM

For one night, it would be fun to stay on Main Street. The Marriott Summit Watch has some great rates for tomorrow night https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...-summit-watch/
Sep 28th, 2008, 06:46 PM
jin
Original Poster

Hi Dayle and BarbaraS ~

Thank you SO much for responding - I really appreciated it. Turns out I found a special rate (called 'on a whim' on their website) at the Stein Eriksen Lodge. It was absolutely amazing - such luxury! - we felt really spoiled - and for under $200.

We had the best time driving from Salt Lake to Park City, went along the Alpine Loop to Sundance, caught Ray's Lift up the mountain - we were told that the fall leaves were just a few days from being at their peak - it was really sensational. Then to Deer Valley and Park City. Such a fantastic couple of days.

Once again, thank you so much for writing back with your recommendations. Can't wait to go back to Utah again!!

Gratefully,
Jin
Sep 29th, 2008, 05:02 PM

Hi Jin,

Thanks for letting us know you had a good time. The Alpine Loop is one of the most beautiful drives in Ut, especially for the fall colors. You must have been here just this week, the leaves are beautiful and the weather fabulous!

Stein's has great deals in summer. Those same rooms will cost you around $500 - 700/ a night during ski season. Nice place, isn't it?