Paradise found?

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 09:17 AM
Lubi

Paradise found?

Can anyone tell me what the Paradise Point Resort is really like? It sounds wonderful from their website, but is it really paradise?

I'm looking for a fab hotel by the sea, with cooking facilities and a big room. Does Paradise have all this?

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 09:19 AM
Lubi

I should have stated - Paradise Point Resort in San Diego, silly me...

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 06:00 AM
xxx

I have heard both pro's and con's about this place. The location is not the best. It is not on the sea exactly,it is on a bay. I would try doing a text search on hotels in San Diego and form your own thoughts. There are others to choose from closer to the Ocean if this what you are seeking.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 06:15 AM
julie

Stayed on Coronado Island in July...
seemed like one of the nicer areas
to stay near the city...let me know
if you need more info....have also
heard pros and cons about Paradise
Point...good luck!

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 07:42 AM
Susan

I have written some of the cons on PP here, if you do a text search you might find them. Basically, it is expensive for a mediocore resort, IMHO. It is not on the ocean, as others have stated, but on Mission Bay, which doesn't look like water I'd want to swim in. Also, no waves, FYI. The kitchenette facilities in the room are handy, but you have to pay extra ($100?) for cooking utensils, pots, pans, plates, etc. This seemed shocking to me considering we were paying $500 per night for our one bedroom "oceanfront" suite.

The pool areas are nice and the grounds are extensive. But the location is remote -- you have to drive off the "island" to get anywhere.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 09:42 AM
y

we stayed at PP about 2 years ago.. they were going through renovations, not sure if they still are.. call to find out first..
also, it does not have a hotel feel, because all rooms are one story "bungalows". you park your car in front of your "cabin" and enter from the outside (ie, no indoor corridors, etc.) it feels more like an apartment. the rooms are not fancy at all. it is a different kind of place, not typical, and it's okay to experience once, wouldn't do it again though.. they have a very nice restaurant on site, and a bar/lunch outdoor terrace area facing the bay which is also nice. i too think it's overpriced. and if there aren't a lot of people there, it can feel kind of dead and too secluded...